conflict with Virgin media hub

I have a licence for three computers which terminates next December. 

I have just changed my Broadband provider and encountered a problem with your software.  It has prevented me from get on to the internet.  It somehow is affecting the IP Address of the Modem/Router - a Netgear model made for Virgin Media.  Have you encountered this lately?  All was working well until Friday morning when out of the blue I had the problem.  The Virgin Tech people worked with me and it was only when I disabled you product that I was able to get onto the net.  I have temporarily loaded their software to protect my system but I want yours back.  What is the fault, more to the point can it be overcome?

Comments

• 2eemeli
    2eemeli Posts: 95 Enthusiast

From basic networking point of view is should work with all the routers.

What router is it and did you install a software for the router to your computer?

Router should just provide IP and gateway address.

If you installed some software please check the settings for the application that it would have internet access.

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Hi,

does you PC do the registartion with your provider or are the settings inside the router?

Some providers give a "login" software that you install on the PC to get access. But this should be done inside the router.

HTH

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info