cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't re-install trial after one day of use

Superuser

Re: can't re-install trial after one day of use

Thank you very much to all for your efforts to help me installing this **** I just installed Vipre which seems to work very much like FS, runs like a charm :)

have a nice day

bye

Senior Advisor

@yeoldfart 

Glad to hear that you have found an AV that you like.

I ran Vipre a few years ago when it was part of Sunbelt before the takeover by GFI/ThreatTrack; light as a feather, good support, cheap, great web blocker but needs to improve its average detection; http://www.av-test.org/en/test-procedures/award/2013/

SnapCrab_NoName_2014-2-23_16-23-46_No-00.png

Hope in the future that you will give F-Secure another chance to impress.

Yet another potential customer lost due the archaic F-Secure trial version procedure Smiley Mad

Superuser

not yet definitely lost because beta agreement still pending and support dept answer still to come... let alone the fact that Vipre has a "rough" history as a company.

which country are you living in ? here france

Senior Advisor

UK for now.

Report back to the Forum when you receive an answer back from Support/or install the beta.

Good luck.

Superuser

Thanks

Superuser

sorry to have no positive news:

support: no help till then... *

beta registration: nothing till then *

I come to the conclusion that F-Secure does not care about the average Joe customer, as an experienced beta tester (Norton, Bullguard, Panda) and a windows forum mod I'm baffled

Bye

* automated "answer" excepted

F-Secure Employee

Hi,

Can you send me the support ticket number, so I can check it out?

Best Regards

-Jake
Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Superuser

just received a mail from support asking me to confirm the problem the ref n° is 

013XXXXX ref:_0XXXXJXXX._XXXb04XXXXXXX:ref‏

EDITED: identifer removed

Tags (1)
Superuser

case solved minutes ago thanks to support intervention and guidance: seemingly specific version of FS IS installer worked like a charm.

Senior Advisor

@yeoldfart 

glad to hear you are finally fixed up.

You can try out the following checks to see whether you have FS IS working correctly; http://www.amtso.org/feature-settings-check.html

Could you supply the Forum with more details of this specific installer that was sent to you and any additional steps that you used i.e. where you also given a specific license code?

This would help any other future users who come up against the same problem. It's a pity that I was not offered this solution when I had the same problem!

But overall, I still think the simplest and best option would be to allow more installs of the trial version.