browsing protection

while I was checking some websites, i clicked one page of the website (in chrome) and suddenly chrome displayed that the page i was trying to visit contains malware. however i know that website has nothing to do with any malware but it displays "texaliconnect.com" might try to install malware on my computer.

fsecureinfo.jpg

1. in case like this, I mean if another website is trying to install malware through legitimate website does f-secure protect me? if yes then how? and why chrome displayed that warning but f-secure did not? what is the reason behind it?

2. when i tried to report that url to f-secure sas, it kept saying enter url. but i already entered the url. i tried it many times with different browsers too but no success. why it happens?

Comments

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

About SAS, you probably forgot the enter http:// at the beginning.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Kris,

This alert doesn't seem to come from our products but from Chrome itself.

Which chrome version are you currently using?

You might need to report that issue directly to Google(Chrome).

Do you get similar alerts on the same site with other browsers(Firefox, Opera etc...)?

• kris
    kris Posts: 38 Explorer
    Hello Nikk, yes, browsing protection is working. I checked it with you given link. and that warning was indeed true because on full scan with f-secure last night it found 4 generic application riskware in application data/google/chrome/user data/default/file system......
    I removed the threats.
  • kris
    yes, I forgot to enter http:// at the beginning. Thank you.
  • kris
    Hi Ben, yes, that alert was not coming from f-secure but from chrome. I am using version 37.0.2062.124 m. i did not tried it with other browsers because of security aspect. but it seems that alert i was getting was true because in full scan f-secure detected riskware and removed it. so my issue is solved. Thank you.
  • NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

FYI, the Safe Browsing protection by Google is not only a feature in Chrome. Firefox and Safari uses this Google service too.

It can be turned off if you don't want it for example for privacy reasons. In Firefox settings, Security:

- Block reported attack sites

- Block reported web forgeries

• kris
    thanks nikk. firefox did save me from one website which has its certificate revoked or something wrong with certificate, but i never noted that the feature is available in firefox options. thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info