'browsing protection' only works with...

'browsing protection' only works with...

question?. does 'browsing protection' only work with Google &/or yahoo search engines?.

7 REPLIES 7
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: 'browsing protection' only works with...

Hello, RMc-Canada,

Browing Protection is officially supported on the following web-browser:

- Internet Explorer 7 & 8 (Windows XP) and Internet Explorer 8 & 9 (Windows Vista & Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit), Internet Explorer 10 (Windows 8, 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Mozilla Firefox, two latest major versions
- Google Chrome, two latest major versions

As mentionned in the FAQ of IS2013:

http://www.f-secure.com/en/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=828b62b9-95ac-4ffa-803b-16639cab7560&gro...

And Safety ratings are available on the following search sites:
• Google
• MSN Live
• Yahoo

However Browsing Protection might work with other browsers or search sites.

For more information on that component please refer to the manual also:

http://www.f-secure.com/en/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=21d7b40d-418d-431b-b7dc-1e7ac3dfbc5f&gro...

Cheers,

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Former F-Secure Employee

Hi RMc-Canada,

Additionally the F-Secure Browsing protection checks for URL if the search engine is not supported.

Best regards,

Gary

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

TY both for your replies.

I use 'internet explorer' with the 'ixquick' search engine.

I've yet to see any 'color marks' etc.? so I assumed its probably ixquick.

As long as malicious sites get blocked when need be is all I care.  Smiley Wink

I have had FSIS 2013 installed since early November, but I still haven't seen the Online Safety classification symbols appear on Google searches in Firefox. They do appear in IE, just not in Firefox. Currently, I have FF 17.0.1 installed, and generally I have the latest installed pretty soon after publication.

Before posting I checked Knowledge Base, manual, this discussion group and found no clue.

Senior Advisor

maybe in Firefox you use https:// ('secure connection')?

I use the search field. I have never reailzed that when using the search field, FF addes that s there. Thank you for the tip.

Highlighted
Supporter

Informative thread, it answered my question about FF 18.0.2 not showing the ratings on my searches, plus more pertinent information Smiley Happy  Thanks , kudos given.