browsing protection bug

Advocate

Re: browsing protection bug

To me it doesn't sound right that the page starts to load before it gets blocked. I've never seen that myself. Maybe it's different with a slow connection, but I assume that F-Secure would put the page load on hold until the page URL has been checked.

Until F-Secure answers, here's some things you could try:

In Online Safety - Settings, there's an option called "Browser extension" where you can Reinstall the extensions. In the description it says: You may need to reinstall the extensions, for example after upgrading or installing a new browser.

You can submit a Support Request and attach an FSDIAG file to it so the support can check your log files and other vital information and maybe see what the problem is.

Highlighted
Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Kris,

Indeed that behavior can be considered normal, especially on slow connections. Without knowing the specifics of the request, it could have been that the site was loading content from different sources; the first content delivered was not considered harmful, however the next one could have been detected and therefore trigger the blocking of the page.

Regards,
Ivan

Has somebody helped you? Give Kudos as a way to say "thanks!"
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.
Supporter

@IvanD wrote:

Hi Kris,

Indeed that behavior can be considered normal, especially on slow connections. Without knowing the specifics of the request, it could have been that the site was loading content from different sources; the first content delivered was not considered harmful, however the next one could have been detected and therefore trigger the blocking of the page.

thanks nikk, blackcat, and IvanD. the issue is now solved.