patet Posts: 57 Explorer

IE9 keeps nagging me that Browsing Protection slows it down! Smiley Sad

Comments

• Jack
    Jack Posts: 69 Active Engager

Browsing protection toolbar in IE9 shows
    web page filter is off
    time limits are off

but I can find nowhere what these are.  What is the web page filter and what are time limits?  Should I have them turned on?  Thanks for any help

• Jack

This bothers me as well.  I've told Microsoft I want the browsing protection on from F Secure and would like to be able to turn off that warning that keeps popping up and has to be x'd out.  Certainly if I didn't want an add on I would delete it, Microsoft has gone nuts on this.  They are afraid other browsers are going to beat them time wise, but I use IE because I get the warnings from F Secure and can't get them on Google Chrome

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi,

Web page filter and Time limits are features belong to Online Safety (Parental control that protects your children online. For more information please click here - Using the Internet safely). You may leave it turn off if you do not need those features.

For steps to enable or disable Add-ons in Internet Explorer 9 kindly click on the link here.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Gary

• Jack

Thank you Gary.  I'm new at this and had no idea, this was very helpful

• patet

The problem is that every time IE is launched, it nags that F-Secure is slowing it down and recommends disabling browsing protection.

• patet

Do you plan on fixing this sometime in the future? Its annoying that every single time IE is launched, it nags about F-Secure slowing it down, and of course that it slows down browsing isnt nice either.

• beiker
    beiker Posts: 33 Explorer

I believe they are currently looking on this and hopefully it gets listed in the next release. 

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info