Windows security center generate false alert - virus protection is disabled

My Win 7 PC has started to report that the virus protection is disabled, but F-secure reports all protection is ok. It happens a couble of times during the week.

Problems started after I installed Mozilla Thunderbird mail program as a secundary mail program. But it is difficult for me to see any logic connection with this.

I can remove the alert by rebooting the PC, or by disable-enable the F-scure Internet Security program.

Henrik P

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I'm not all that familiar with Thunderbird, but I presume that it doesn't install any third party security software?  Just to check that it's not a coincidence, have you tried removing Thunderbird again, to see if the problem still exists?

• Prik
    Prik Posts: 3 Observer

Hi Simon,

This is strange - I checked active processes both for unwanted running programs and to check if Thunderbird is active or not. Thunderbird does only wake up when I start it, and close when I leave the program. But I noticed that the PC interface for my mobile phone, Samsung Smart Switch was active. I have switched it to deactivated yesterday, and this morning the security center behaves nice. So now I wait to see if it stay this way .. .

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info