Windows Defender Security Centre

I have F Secure Safe on my PC but I notice that Windows Defender anti virus and Windows Firewall are also running. Should I turn them off? I am running Windows 10 Version 1703 and wonder whether it will let me do so.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

F-Secure uses Windows Firewall, so that should be running.  As for Windows Defender, I believe F-Secure tries to disable it, but there was some issue with Windows 10, which I can't remember the details of now.

Unless someone more technical then myself has any other suggestions, if things are running OK, then personally, I would leave it as it is.

• mickflynn50
    mickflynn50 Posts: 12 Observer

Unfortunately, the PC is not running smoothly and I'm trying to find reasons why. It takes an age to boot up and conflicting anti viruses may be one reason.

• Simon

In that case, assuming you have no other software which could be causing conflicts, I suggest disabling WD to see if that improves the performance.  One method to do this may be to go into Services and Applications, where you should be able to Stop the service, then Disable it from starting with Windows.  

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4499-start-stop-disable-services-windows-10-a.html

• i have the same problem with F-Secure Internet Security:

- warning from Windows Defender Security Center (+ tray icon)

- Defender Real-Time protection is on and i can´t disable. If i try the UAC is coming and ask me for permission, i give and real-time protection is still on :-(

Win10 Pro 1703

F-Secure 16.5

Common Component Framework 2.76 build 212

CCF CUIF 10.11 build 134
    CCF DAAS2 1.10 build 646
    CCF Guts2 2.05 build 134
    CCF Upstream 2.02 build 681
    CCF Diagnostics 9.05 build 278
    CCF Scanning 1.73 build 275.1078
    CCF Network 1.04 build 214
    CCF Reputation 2.1 build 1342

deinstalltion from F-Secure doesn´t helpF1.JPGF2.JPG

• Simon

Have you tried using the method above to disable Windows Defender?  I don't think Windows will allow you to just turn it off in the normal Settings.  

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info