Windows 10 Turns off Antivirus

Almost everyday when i log on, windows security pops up asking to turn on Antivirus

It shows a list Windows Defender and FSecure Antivirus both saying there off? so i turn FSecure back on and its fine but then it happens a few days later.

Version: Windows 10 Pro

Comments

• Back
    Back Posts: 5 New Member

Hello,

same issue here.

But windows security pops up ask to turn on and I press on it, everything is fine.

In my opinion:

F-Secure is probably too slow at start or communication between the two is still not quite right.

Version: Windows 10 Pro, F-Secure SAFE 15.3

Kind Regards

Back

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    I'm using the beta F-Secure on a newly upgraded Windows 10 laptop, and I'm not having this issue, but I am finding that startup is now taking around 90 seconds to get to the login screen, where it used to take about 25 seconds with Windows 8.1, which is quite a significant slowdown.

I was wondering if this is because I did an upgrade, rather than a clean install of Windows 10? Did you guys do clean installs?

Your theories of Windows 10 starting up too quickly for F-Secure sound plausible, but have you actually just left the security notification for a while to see if it goes away on its own? I had that a few times with my Windows 7 machine, and it always seemed to sort itself out in a minute or two after desktop launch.
  • Back

Hi,

i have install a clean Win8 and upgrade it to Win10.

Because my clean install after upgrade from Win7 (was activated) does not work.

After login the message pop up, after 5-10 sec. everything is good again.

So my theory about too slow at start or communication between F-Secure and Win10

Kind Regards
    Back

• etomcat
    etomcat Posts: 147 Superuser

Hello,

Please permanently disable the Windows Defender service , stab it with a stake, put a brick into its mouth and bury it under concrete, so that your Windows 10 problems will go away. (The same problem also affects other AV vendors, not just F-Secure.)

It appears Microsoft Corp. is trying to make 3rd party antivirus solutions very inconvenient to use on Windows 10. This is a very dumb idea, but they are after maximum profit, not maximum safety of the users.

Best Regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Hi Tamas,

I thought F-Secure disabled Windows Defender by default. Is this not the case with Windows 10?
  • Back

Hi,

Windows Defender Services are disabled.

defender.JPG

Kind Regards

Back

• etomcat
    etomcat Posts: 147 Superuser

Hello,

As far as I heard, Windows Defender protects itself against programmatic manipulation, so the user may even have to enter Safe Mode to turn it off permanently?

(By the way, a lot of KL 2015 / 2016 users complain that Win 10 prevents installation and only Windows Defender neutering helps.)

Best Regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info