cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the "evidence of harmful behaviour" ?

Scholar

Re: What is the "evidence of harmful behaviour" ?

Subject: [SR ID:1-537473932] Re:Website blocked 
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi Rajah,

Your website has been verified to be clean and the appropriate rating is now updated.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Thanks.

How do you think to compensate the damage?

You have till next Monday.

Have to leave now..

Senior Advisor

Well, Rajah, that's just my thoughts, I'm just forum user....

And, by the way, you ask for compensation, what compensation do you expect?...

Highlighted
F-Secure Employee

Dear Rajah,

We categorize 500 000 - 3 000 000 URLs on a weekly basis to protect our users from harmful websites. The safety ratings for these URL’s are based on information from several sources, such as our malware analysts and partners, as well as ratings given by other users.

We are continuously rerating the URLs that are currently in our backend. However, with these amounts and complexity, false alarms really do happen in this industry no matter how careful we are. We are continuously working to diminish any false positives on the sites our customers visit the most. It takes it’s time to also go through all of these individually and thus we have to properly prioritize. To provide users that feel that their site is categorized wrongly; we have the URL submissions form. In this way, we give a reply from our security lab analyst directly with the results.

I am truly sorry that you have had problems with your web site categorization but the issue is fixed now, it has been verified to be clean and the appropriate rating is now updated.  

We do our best to keep our customers protected from most of the threats out there. For that, we rely on more than just our systems and automation and customer feedback such as yours is extremely valuable.

Regards
ElseH
F-Secure Community Manager

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos.
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

You don't want to get it that f-secure can be harmful itself.
Well, you are a very small player on the market, less than 1%, so any effort is not very useful.

Senior Advisor

well, F-Secure has around 10th of whole online users...
Scholar
Senior Advisor

Well, I had discussion right about that here:
http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Speakers-Corner/Popularity/m-p/19518#M63

As they sey, popular doesn't only mean how popular it is Smiley Frustrated
Scholar

Thanks for letting me know. Have given my contribution to that topic.