WINDOWS SECURITY INCORRECTLY SAYS F-SECURE IS SWITCHED OFF

I get a message in the right hand bottom of my screen (Windows 7) saying that there is a problem.  When I click on the symbol it says "Turn-On F-Secure (Important).  If I click on this to turn it on nothing happens.  If I open the Action Centre it says "F-Secure Safe reports that it is turned off".  If I click on "Turn-on Now" Nothing happens.  If I go to F-Secure and open "Anti-Virus" it says "My Computer is Corrected".   I would insert a screen print if I was allowed to but clicking on Insert/Edit Image doesn't allow me to Insert one but just asks me to complete a table.

I can resolve the problem by re-booting but it happens frequently.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Maybe good to re-check that F-Secure with installed state about updates.

By rightclick tray-picture (F-Secure) and choose "Check updates" under tray-menu.

Then check that list with installed-state for all of strings. And then possible to use button "Check" (as trigger manual check for available updates). Good to note about updates date/timestamps.

I'm also was with experience about unexpected Windows 7 notification about F-Secure state. But I'm not sure that it was too much often.

AND I able to suspect that such notification can be during overload for system. Maybe good to re-check what if there is pending system updates; or when trouble is happened - does there any other software with active processes or not.

But.. general advice is to contact direct F-Secure Support Channels for proper investigation:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

at least, when chat is available -> it should be possible to start discussion.

Thanks!

• JONurmi
    JONurmi Posts: 1 New Member

I have now exactly the same problem. All F-Secure and Windows 7 updates are installed. The problem arised from some recent F-Secure update.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Maybe it is good to contact their direct Support Channels (chat or phone):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

For example, to understand:

-> does it known trouble (and does it potentially planned to be fixed or fixed internally already);

-> does Support Agents do able to find a reason for such situation;

Also, good to re-check that restart system (for example) does not helpful. And it with stable view (even after some tries or minutes/hours of system usage).

Thanks!

• Droopy
    Droopy Posts: 1 New Member

I also had this problem with f-secure and windows 7. I told this problem to a forum here in the Nederlands and they make me run some review-tools ans found out in the logfiles that where created that WMI was not running properly and gided me to use a windows repair tool. Tha problem is gone voor the last days now. 

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info