Virus detected on original game disk Still Life

Highlighted
Scholar

Virus detected on original game disk Still Life

When I try to install the game Still Life, F-Secure reports Trojan.Generic.1329881 in file MCKINPUTBLOCKS.DLL

The disk is factory-made, not a copy.

This can't be serious or can it?

If it is a false positive, how do I report it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Virus detected on original game disk Still Life

Hello tokepi,

With regards to your issue, you can use a iso converter to convert the disk into an ".iso". Then you can upload the ".iso" file to our FTP server :

ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/incoming

And create a text file with the contents informing the name of the file and when it was uploaded then upload the file to our SAS for them to analyze it. 

Best Regards,

Andy Yoon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Tokepi,

You can submit the following file to our lab here and precise that it is a false positive during submission.

The following 2 pages can be a useful read to figure out what this detection might be about.

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/other_w32_generic.shtml

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/trojan_w32_generic.shtml

Thank you

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Thanks for your quick reaction, Ben. Unfortunately it is not possible to copy the file form the disk. I get a warning that I don't have the rights, that it is marked read-only.

F-Secure Product Expert

Hello tokepi,

With regards to your issue, you can use a iso converter to convert the disk into an ".iso". Then you can upload the ".iso" file to our FTP server :

ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/incoming

And create a text file with the contents informing the name of the file and when it was uploaded then upload the file to our SAS for them to analyze it. 

Best Regards,

Andy Yoon

View solution in original post

Scholar

Thanks Andy,

I did as you told me. Hope you have enough information now.

Regards, Arie.

F-Secure

Hi Arie!

Just checking in to see if there has been any resolution to your issue.  If so, please let us know what worked!

// Chrissy

Has somebody helped you? Give Kudos as a way to say "thanks!"
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.