Virgin customer registration for F Security

Scholar

Re: Virgin customer registration for F Security

I am a Virgin Media customer and have followed the link to register. Something went wrong and now it is sending me to a login page which will not recognise the login details saying no account. HELP

Superuser

I can't provide an in-depth answer at the moment, as I'm posting from my phone, but all of the information you need, you should find in the sticky topic at the top of this board.

From memory of the thread, I believe you need to log into your Virgin portal and then follow the link to the F-Secure SAFE portal, where you may have to register again separately, then you can download the relevant F-Secure product from the SAFE portal. If you don't follow the link from your Virgin portal, then you won't get the free subscription linked to your Virgin account.

Also, before you proceed to install F-Secure, do make sure that you have fully removed Virgin Media Security, using the uninstallation tool, which you will find a link to in the sticky post mentioned above.
Advocate

Superuser

Thanks Nik.  :)

Scholar

How to install F-Secure SAFE on your PC - for Virgin Media customers ....I have been trying for several hours now to try to reregister but to no  avail still being directed to a login page.Think it's time to give this one a miss. 

Superuser

What login page are you being directed to? Is it the Virgin one or the F-Secure one? Each will have a separate login.

Have you tried any 'forgotten password' links that might be available?

What initially went wrong with the registration? We will try to help if we can have a few more details. :)
Scholar

Login page.......mysafe.F-Secure.com/login

forgotten pass......There exists no active account for this email address.

After submiting registration a page flashed up then then disappeared

It seems to me the registration was not successful as I have said I have tryed to reregister through the

Virgin Media Portal again but keep on getting this login page..

Superuser

OK, I think perhaps it would be best if you submit a Support Ticket and get them to check if the email address you registered with is in the system.  If it's not, and registration wasn't successful, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to complete the registration process again. 

Just a thought - you say you saw a screen pop up and disappear.  Do you have any popup or ad blockers active that might be disallowing the screen?

JAR
Novice

Hi just tried to dowload the free internet saftey package went through the install process but I cant find any notification of it being installed !!

Superuser

Hi JAR,

So, did you download Internet Security via the SAFE portal? I believe that's actually just an installer, and you need to double click and run it for the program itself to install.

If you've done that, do you not have a desktop icon, or a system tray (by the clock) icon?

If you have definitely run the installer and it hasn't installed, then it's possible that there is a conflict on the machine with another anti virus product. Do you / did you have any other security software on the machine, such as Virgin Media Security, and if so, has this been fully removed with the relevant product uninstall tool?