Virgin Media F-Secure Safe

Hi there, I am on the offer from VM on a years free F-Secure, I have setup my account, Downloaded the installer with the serial number i.e VirginMediaNetworkInstaller but when I click on the .exe nothing happens, I can see it running in task manager but nothing else.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

I'm running Windows 8.1 64 Bit if that helps.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I'm not sure what the correct name for the installer is, so hopefully someone else can clarify that.  In the meantime, it might be useful for you to have a look through this topic, as it covers most things about moving from VMS to F-Secure:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/How-to-install-F-Secure-SAFE-on/ta-p/41289

• Dicehunter
    Dicehunter Posts: 5 Observer

Thanks for the reply, I've never actually used Virgin Medias secrutiy package so this is my first time dealing with this :)

• Simon

OK, but you do need to get to the F-Secure SAFE portal via your VM portal, otherwise you won't get the free transitional year, and you also need to fully remove any previous anti-virus products before installing F-Secure.  This may help with that, although, I can't guarantee that every link is current:

Uninstallation Tools

• Dicehunter

I did go via the VM link and I haven't got any previous anti virus software installed as this is a fresh windows installation fully up to date as of 2 hours ago.

It says my Subscription/License expires September next year with 5/5 remaining and the option to add a device i.e my computer, I added my computer and called it "Home", downloaded the .exe and then that's when nothing happens after I double click on the .exe, I can see it in task manager but nothing else.

• Simon

Odd.  Server issue, perhaps?  dunno.gif  Anyway, let us know if you have any further problems.  :)

• Dicehunter

Will do thanks for the reply, All updated, Scanned and up and running, Must say this is some really nice software.

I'll definitely be purchasing this once the full year is up or maybe if there's an option somewhere to purchase now so I can extend the license for a few years would be handy :)

• Simon
    No point, really. You might as well wait the year out and renew next September. Smiley Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info