Version or build?

Charter Communications is my ISP. They provide F-Secure Internet Security. My wife and I want to download it BUT first we asked what the version or build of the product was. No one at Charter could answer our question. The technicians told us to contact F-Secure. Very strange. I don't want to download and install an older version of F-Secure. Can someone here tell me what version or build of F-Secure is offered by Charter Communications and how new (or old) it is? Thank you.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Canadagoose,

The Charter Security Suite and F-Secure Internet Security are 2 different program. The Charter Security Suite is a customised version of the F-Secure security suite.

The latest version for Charter Security Suite is v9.01, you may find this page helpful. Kindly contact Charter Communications for more details.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Thanks, Jayson. You've given me so much more information than Charter ever did or ever would. As I mentioned, when I contacted Charter, the technician told me that she could not find that information since the security suite was provided by F-Secure and only branded by Charter and that I would need to contact F-Secure. I gather, then, that the build that Charter supplies is an older build that while still updating virus definitions, contains an older engine. That being the case, it would seem to me rather foolish to trust the Charter suite but rather to buy direct from F-Secure to have the latest. Thank you again for the information.

• BTW, Jayson, if Charter's latest build is v. 9.0.1, what is the current build of F-Secure's 2012 security suite?

• [Deleted User]

Hi Canadagoose,

Kindly find more details on F-Ssecure Internet Security 2012 here. You may start with our trial version once your current security program expired.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• tidaltides
    tidaltides Posts: 17 Observer

My ISP is also Charter Communications and would like to know if you can pick any version of F-Secure you want to be installed?image

• [Deleted User]

Hi tidaltides,

No. The subscription key provided by your ISP would not work with our retail version of F-Secure Internet Security.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Thanks for the links and the information, Jayson.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info