Using an existing account with a new box code?

Niko1
Niko1 Posts: 2 New Member

I've been trying to add a code i bought in a box to my account, no joke for about 25 minutes. No matter where i look and what videos i watch it seems like there just simply isn't an "add code" button on the panel. I've tried going to f-secure.com/box which then redirects me to my account but doesn't give me the option to input it. 

Does anyone have a fix?

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

If you log in to your SAFE Portal, then go to the Orders and Payments section, you should see a link at the bottom to Enter a Code.  That's the fix.  :)

• Niko1
    Niko1 Posts: 2 New Member

You're probably right, i can't seem to find it though. 

asdfgh.png

• Voldart
    Voldart Posts: 1 New Member

I have also been looking for an option tu use a retail purchased box code to extend licenses in my existing account, but I haven't found a way how to do that. Why is that not possible? it is extremely stupid if I have to create always a new account for a new code.

There is no "Enter a Code" option in Orders and Payments section like adviced earlier in this thread

"If you log in to your SAFE Portal, then go to the Orders and Payments section, you should see a link at the bottom to Enter a Code.  That's the fix."

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Sorry, but there is on mine:

Screenshot_20160712-143203.png

If it's not on your accounts, I can only suggest you contact Support:  Support Ticket

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I can to think about potential workaround. not sure that it will be work, but if it not work - probably will be more visible about another steps.

When you logged under your account.

Do you able to try open next URL: " https://my.f-secure.com/portal/coupon/renew/YOUR_SECRET_NUMBER "

Where "YOUR_SECRET_NUMBER" - potential ID. Not sure about "how to get this" (maybe can be visible under mail-letter or other things), but when you have ""Enter a Code" option" this "secret_number_id" will be same with next one place:

--> Second tab "Account settings".

--> If you have option about "To end your subscription....."

--> There will be button (end of string). It will be URL with something like "words" and "secret-number".

So.. if you have this option/button. You able to get "your_secret_number" with this steps.

After this.. just open URL (when you logged under your account) like:

""https://my.f-secure.com/portal/coupon/renew/1669445""

And if this possible to work... there should be "prompt" for coupon/box/extend feature.

If not... most likely you get prompt-page about "something wrong".

Not sure that this is can be workaround (and can be valid workaround) - because my accounts also have extend button.

And maybe this mean.. that most helpful there will be ticket for F-Secure Support.

• Huksvarna
    Huksvarna Posts: 1 New Member

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

I am struggeling with this aswell...

I have already contacted F-Secure Support twice but they have not answered me.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Huksvarna,

This issue needs to be checked with the support team. Since you have already opened the support ticket, I have highlighted about your post here in the case.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info