Upgrading to Windows 8

Scholar

Upgrading to Windows 8

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my Win7 to the new Win8 in the near future. However, I have used my lisence key already to three

computers (max). Will it just magically work after installing it to the Win8 'cause it's the same laptop, or do I have to ask for a new key code or something?

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Upgrading to Windows 8

Hi DoMinion,

You may install it using the current license key that you have. Uninstall the current installation first, then, upgrade your system to Windows 8. Once you have upgraded, kindly proceed to install it on your new system. It should be working fine.

Regards,
Shahrir

Do or Do Not. There is no Try ~ Yoda.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
7 REPLIES 7
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi DoMinion,

You may install it using the current license key that you have. Uninstall the current installation first, then, upgrade your system to Windows 8. Once you have upgraded, kindly proceed to install it on your new system. It should be working fine.

Regards,
Shahrir

Do or Do Not. There is no Try ~ Yoda.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Dominion,

In addition, please refer to this page to notice that only Internet security 2013 is supporting Windows 8 installation.

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/windows-8

Cheers,

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Hi All,

and thanks for the answers. Just a quick check, though; Can I first uninstall my Internet security 2012,

then format and install Win8, and THEN Install Internet Security 2013 directly to the new Windows?

Or should I first update the F-Secure to 2013 on top of the 2012, and then uninstall it, install Win8

and install F-seucre 2013 again.

Because I understood that when you just upgrade on top of your old f-secure, there's no need for keys.

I guess this is a dumb question, but I wanna be sure not to leave without F-secure after upgrade 'cause

I have still 1 1/2 years left on my F-secure.

Senior Advisor

you can do whatever you wish to do, because FS keys are ultimate for every version(2011, 2012, 2013 etc)

So, you can uninstall what you currently have and then install renewed one in Win8
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi DoMinion,

"Can I first uninstall my Internet security 2012, then format and install Win8, and THEN Install Internet Security 2013 directly to the new Windows?"

Yes, do it this way. This would be the best pratice in this case.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Scholar

Hello, I have upgraded the PC to Windows 8, but before I not uninstall Internet security and now the license number does not work, it can be reset somehow to be able to use the license on the new system?
thanks Petr

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Hi,

Please request support here:

support request

and they will reset your license