Upgrading to Windows 8

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my Win7 to the new Win8 in the near future. However, I have used my lisence key already to three

computers (max). Will it just magically work after installing it to the Win8 'cause it's the same laptop, or do I have to ask for a new key code or something?

Thanks. 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Dominion,

In addition, please refer to this page to notice that only Internet security 2013 is supporting Windows 8 installation.

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/windows-8

Cheers,

• Hi All,

and thanks for the answers. Just a quick check, though; Can I first uninstall my Internet security 2012,

then format and install Win8, and THEN Install Internet Security 2013 directly to the new Windows?

Or should I first update the F-Secure to 2013 on top of the 2012, and then uninstall it, install Win8

and install F-seucre 2013 again.

Because I understood that when you just upgrade on top of your old f-secure, there's no need for keys.

I guess this is a dumb question, but I wanna be sure not to leave without F-secure after upgrade 'cause

I have still 1 1/2 years left on my F-secure.

• Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer
    you can do whatever you wish to do, because FS keys are ultimate for every version(2011, 2012, 2013 etc)

So, you can uninstall what you currently have and then install renewed one in Win8
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi DoMinion,

"Can I first uninstall my Internet security 2012, then format and install Win8, and THEN Install Internet Security 2013 directly to the new Windows?"

Yes, do it this way. This would be the best pratice in this case.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Hello, I have upgraded the PC to Windows 8, but before I not uninstall Internet security and now the license number does not work, it can be reset somehow to be able to use the license on the new system?
    thanks Petr

• Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer

Hi,

Please request support here:

support request

and they will reset your license

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info