Upgrade to FSIS 2015 not working

Re: Upgrade to FSIS 2015 not working

@Shahrir: is this really the only response F-Secure can give? That I have to completely reinstall?

@Simon: I have no reason to believe that the installation would be messed up by anything else than the previous fuill installation, which I believe I did unnecessarily just because also then the upgrade failed.

@Anyone: how do I add a quote in a message?

Superuser

To quote a message, hit the Reply button to the message you want to quote, then in the Reply pane, hit the Quote button.

If an installation seems to have been damaged, by whatever means, then often the simplest and quickest solution is to reinstall it. You could try a straight reinstall over the top of your current installation, which might work, but a full uninstall > reinstall is usually fairly painless.

Obviously, it would be a good idea to establish what went wrong, but in this case, from what you've said, if there's nothing else on the machine which could be to blame, it seems like a failed upgrade.

@Simon wrote:
If an installation seems to have been damaged, by whatever means, then often the simplest and quickest solution is to reinstall it.

Last time I did that, it took HOURS. It definitely was not the quickest choice. That is why I have decided to avoid reinstall to the last choice.

Trying to install on top of the current installation does not work, simply because the donwloaded installer says my installation si already up-to-date, as I mentioned before.

Anyway, I'd rather have F-Secure confirm the right actions to take.

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

To add the visual to Simon's clear explanation.

Quote.PNG

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Superuser

But do you able to open window, where you able to add voucher?

Such as "My Subscription" or something like that... with your current installation-situation?

Superuser

@Hönö wrote:

@Simon wrote:
If an installation seems to have been damaged, by whatever means, then often the simplest and quickest solution is to reinstall it.

Anyway, I'd rather have F-Secure confirm the right actions to take.

Fair enough.  

Highlighted

Alright, so F-Secure won't confirm, but the only answer I get from them is to do uninstall first. Sigh.

Meanwhile, I have taken a screenshot of the window that tells me what failed to install. I'll add the image to the end. Before it, I now realize what Simon was asking was something I actually can copy&paste easily:

F-Secure 1.99 build 192

CCF CUIF 10.02 build 319
CCF DAAS2 1.10 build 369
CCF Automatic Update Agent 1.06 build 109
CCF Upstream 2.01 build 243
CCF Diagnostics 8.01 build 239
CCF Scanning 1.43 build 102.193
CCF Network 1.02 build 134
CCF Reputation 1.1 build 25.2280

F-Secure-failed-install.png

The situation is still the same - the downloaded installer keeps telling me there is no new version available, whereas the pop-up that comes daily (and I can find it also from teh action center) immediately tells me that to complete the installation, I have to reboot immediately. But after reboot, the pop-up come again and again tells me to reboot, over and over again, untiö I choose to delay it. Very retiring.

This was the second time the upgrade failed and I had to resort to doing full uninstall and the fresh install.

Can I trust F-Secure to get the upgrade working for the next time around?

DJ
Novice

I have had F-Secure for the last year and two days ago re-newed my subscription.  I downloaded the installer and installed the new version.  At the first reboot the computer was unable to boot and reported corrupt files. I recovered from a system recovery point from about two weeks previous and reinstalled the FSIS but this time the install did not go smoothly and the installer reports that the anti virus and browsing protection failed to install.   What has installed is an empty window titled antivirus which starts white with a loading icon spinning then the background of the window turns blue.  I have un-installed and re-installed but end up at the same point.  FYI OS is Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit.