Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates not being installed

Highlighted
Rie
Scholar

Updates not being installed

To my horror I am getting a message to say that my F Secure protection is not up to date and I can see that ceratin updates have failed to install on my Windows 10 Toshiba laptop.

How do I rectify this please?

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Updates not being installed

Hey,

Have you tried rebooting (not shutting down and powering machine on again but actually rebooting)?

7 REPLIES

Hey,

Have you tried rebooting (not shutting down and powering machine on again but actually rebooting)?

Aspirant

Hi,

Rebooting the PC is done! Nothing has changed.

The subscription is valid. Successful update search. Last try today on 02:33 pm.

Do not know what I have to do.

Thank you for the help,

Regards,

JYV

Rie
Scholar

Rebooted, everything looks OK now,

Many thanks

Aspirant

Didn't understand!!!

I just installed my Nvidia graphic driver, had a look on F-Secure. Last update on 02:50 pm.

F-Secure is okay. Very good, but why?

JY

Hey,

Typical reason for this is some database update required reboot so product started refusing to update anymore after that as a result.

Novice

This is happening to me too. There are about 6 updates in a queue. I don't know how to reboot, technically. Please advise.

Superuser

@LouiseBaldock1 wrote:

This is happening to me too. There are about 6 updates in a queue. I don't know how to reboot, technically. Please advise.

Hello,

If your experience is also about Windows 10 (or most of Windows) -> should be possible to do steps like:

Go to Start(Microsoft Windows-logo), select the Power(PowerOn button-logo) button, and then select Restart.

src of tips is https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/search?query=reboot%20Windows%2010

Or another third-party article with some steps to do it:

After restart/reboot system -> some minutes are needed (most likely); then if there is still some 'updates' in a queue - good to try one else restart/reboot system. In general, if trouble is still there - good to re-ask (what if another fix steps are needed).

Thanks!