Unable to scan

When the F Secure GUI launches I click on Virus scan, this launches a screen with a message in the middle with 'could not start a scan' as the heading.  The body of the message is 'This scan cannot start right now.  A scheduled scan may have just started.  if you cannot start the scan in a few minutes, restart your computer  and try again'.  There is a close button to click on below the message, when I click on it Im back to the first GUI.  No matter how long I leave F Secure running this scan never finishes.  No matter how many times I restart my computer this message never goes away when I try to do a scan.  How do I rectify this issue?

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Quite often, this sort of issue can be caused by a conflict with other software.  Do you have any other anti-virus, anti-malware or security software on the machine?

If not, then the first thing I would suggest is to reinstall F-Secure from your SAFE Portal.  To start with, you may be able to reinstall over the top of the existing version.  If that doesn't work, then uninstall the existing version via your Windows Control Panel, then reinstall.  If that still fails, or doesn't rectify the problem, then use the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool to completely remove F-Secure from your computer, and reinstall again.

If you are still having scanning issues after that, then I suggest you submit a Support Ticket, attaching an FSDIAG from the Support Tool, so that the tech guys can have a better look at what might be going on.

Let us know how you get on.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info