Transfering to a new computer

Jack
Jack Posts: 69 Active Engager

I am moving from an old computer to a new one and have some questions.  First of all, I have F-Secure Internet Security running on a desk top in Windows 10.  What is the URL for download when I start up the new computer, and where to I find my license code? (I don't see it on my F-Secure Internet Security program.  Second, I also have Malwarebytes and wonder which I should load onto the new computer first?  Does it matter?  I will first use a files/programs/settings transfer program (trying to find out which is best) and they say do that before doing security programs.  Thank you in advance for any help on this.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

What is the URL for download when I start up the new computer (F-Secure Internet Security)

There is the URL where possible to find related network installer:

This direct one URL for F-Secure Internet Security installer:

and where to I find my license code?

It is possible to find purchase documents (letters or so) where activation / subscription / licence code is visible. If it was "retail" purchase - maybe to find box / card with this information.

Another option (and it is more suitable) is to contact their official F-Secure Support Channel (for example, chat):

Since should be possible to retrieve license code; because:

I don't see it on my F-Secure Internet Security program

There was such option before. But current state is next:

Perhaps good to wait until such functionality comes back. Or as suggested before - to contact official F-Secure Support Channels for assistance:

Otherwise - need to perform some own workarounds (tricky).

I also have Malwarebytes and wonder which I should load onto the new computer first?  Does it matter?

I think that it is good to install F-Secure Internet Security first.

Then, to install Malwarebytes. Otherwise - installed Malwarebytes solution can be marked as incompatible software during F-Secure installation.

Indeed, can be some interruptions. To avoid them - good to use one solution as main security software and another as on-demand scanner only. Maybe with exclusions for each other (although, such step with reduced security state).

Back with reply - if need to discuss something.

Sorry for my English! Smiley Sad

Thanks!

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Jack 

I have resent you a copy of your purchase reference, kindly refer to that email for the F-Secure Internet Security (FSIS) Key and the download link is also included in that email.

Malwarebytes will not conflict with FSIS so you can either install it before or after FSIS. It does not matter which comes first. 

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info