To many licenses in the same computer

I have used your instructions to uninstall and download F-secuer Internet Security. In order to reistall the correct, ongoing license in a second computer. 

But – one problem remains:
I have two computers. They are syncronised with eachother.
When I install F-secure Internet Security on one, the other computer is not protected. If I switch and install on the other computer, the first is not protected.
I have done the procedure several times and the result is the same every time.

The problem is that, when I hav tried to use my license in more than one unit, the licens have dubbled and trippled in the SAME computer!

That means that I hav used my three possibilities to use my license in the same computer…

Now, I cannot find the way to remove one or two licensen from one – to use in the other.

How do I take away the unnessesary licenses?

And, do I have to call the second license by another name? For example – if one licens is attached to my wifes name?

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

If you have a licence for multiple devices, each device should use one licence.  If you change one device for another, and have no further licences, then when you install FS on the new device, via your SAFE Portal, then you should be given an option to reuse an existing licence.  Is that not happening?

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Some additions to discussion (and I am also only an F-Secure user).

I have used your instructions to uninstall and download F-secuer Internet Security. In order to reistall the correct, ongoing license in a second computer. 

If your experience is about F-Secure Internet Security.

Did you mean this instruction(?):

Reinstallation guide is another:

More articles about related subjects:

When I install F-secure Internet Security on one, the other computer is not protected. If I switch and install on the other computer, the first is not protected.

You could doublecheck that your current active licence key (or activation code) is not about "One device" subscription.

Otherwise, I think that noted situation is normal. And it is possible to use only on one active device.

If you can not figure it out - it is possible to contact their official Support Channels for assistance:

they can to explain what is type of your licence key.

The problem is that, when I hav tried to use my license in more than one unit, the licens have dubbled and trippled in 

I am not sure about current design, but previously F-Secure Internet Security was with tricky design about merging different keys in one subscription. Maybe your subscription is merged somewhat to broken state.

But if your 'subscription' (license key) is for "three devices" - that quite strange situation.

How do I take away the unnessesary licenses?
    And, do I have to call the second license by another name? For example – if one licens is attached to my wifes name?

But sounds that your experience is maybe about F-Secure SAFE solution?

If so, first reply was with a good suggestion.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info