The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( F-Secure Gatekeeper ) cannot be found. The local comp

Ive been having this problem for a few days now, less then a week. I have Windows XP w/ Serivce Pack 3 and its been freezing up lately and slowing down so Ive checked event viewer and this is some of the problems its been showing in red from only a few days back and its only 1...relating to F-Secure everytime it freezes.

Event Viewer->Application:

Error->10/3(happened today as well)->5:11:58pm->F-Secure Anti-Virus->None(Category)->103(event)->N/A(User)->Computers Name

Details: 1 2011-10-03 16:11:58-07:00 Your-(Computer)/Owner F-Secure Anti Virus

Crash Detected

/Device/HarddiskVolume1/Program Files/Java/jre7/bin/javaw.exe

/Device/HarddisVolume1/Program Files/Belkin/Router Setup and Monitor/SKU.xml

and a lot more like this on different times it happens.

Now Event Viewer->System:

Error->10/3/2011->8:32:29pm->F-Secure Gatekeeper->None->1->N/A->Your-(Computer)

Detail:

The description for event ID(1) in source (F-Secure Gatekeeper) can not be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE=flag to retrieve this description; see help and support for details. The following information is part of the event:.\Device\HarddiskVolume1...IeDesktopIE.dll

On a few times it happens the "IeDesktopIE.dll" is replaced with another file name. "topNetwork3.dll" "crypt32.dll" and tons more. I dont know whats going on.

If you need anymore info please feel free to ask and tell me how to find anything else that might be vital(Run->Example) and I will do it asap! ty a lot!

And if this is the wrong part of the forums to post this in, im sorry. Im new here. I'll move it to where it needs to be if it doesnt belong in this board.

Comments

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Hi,

haven't seen event ID (1) for a while now. If I remeber right this was some scanner timeout.

BUT: What version of F-Secure are you using? Version 8 is out of support on 15.10.2011!!

BR

• Jim21
    Jim21 Posts: 3

I have CenturyLink Online Security by F-Secure, full valid subscription. Thats as far as I could tell of what version it is. If anywhere else to check which version please tell me. And would turning off the scanner help out at all possibly?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Due to the nature of your specific software I would advise you to read the FAQ von CenturyLink:
    http://www.centurylink.net/files/centurylink/support/FAQs/learn_more_security_v9.php#general1

To quote the text: "I am experiencing technical difficulties with CenturyLink™ Online Security. How can I proceed?
    Our friendly Customer Care Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your questions. If you wish to contact us, please call Toll Free 1-800-366-8201. We appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you!"

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info