TeamViewer Note.App reported as a threat

A scan by F-Secure on my new MacBook Pro reports a file within the TeamViewer app as a threat. The path/filename is so long that the Filename field cannot be expanded sufficiently to see the actual file that is being reported.

I suspect that this is not actually a risk to my machine but any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello St0ker,

We are aware of this issue and we're working on this. The detected files mostly in our cases are a False Positive and has been marked as clean in our database.

Do you still happen to see the detection now? If yes, please provide us a screenshot of the detection name for us to check further.

• Vetraci
    Vetraci Posts: 156 Adventurer

False positive is still present! File is named "libswiftDispatch.dylib".

@St0kerIf you click on the detected file name with 'two fingers on your touchpad' you can choose "show in Finder".

• Laksh

Hello Vetraci,

If you are still seeing any detections, please submit the affected file to us via here.

• St0ker
    St0ker Posts: 2 New Member

Many Thanks for the replies.

I ran a scan this morning and the issue seems to be cleared.

If this happens in the future I will know how to see the full filename and send it for analysis.

• Vetraci
    Vetraci Posts: 156 Adventurer

Named 'False postive' is solved now, thanks @Laksh. Smiley Happy

• Laksh

Thank you for the updates, @St0ker and @Vetraci. Good to hear that the issue is resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info