Subscription transitions

I have some questions on renewing Internet Security.

If I buy a new subscription for Internet Security, does the clock start on that day or when I install it? I assume the former is true.

My current subscription started pestering me to renew more than 40 days before expiration, which was really annoying; every single day, multiple times each day. I will wait until the last day to renew. But what would have happened if I had used the pestering GUI to renew before expiration? Would it have added the time to my existing subscription or replaced the subscription?

Currently, all of my PCs use one multiple-PC subscription. I am thinking of giving a PC to someone else. When the multiple-PC subscription expires, the new owner of the PC might buy a single-PC subscription and install it (or he might uninstall F-Secure and install something else, but that's an entirely different story). What are the rules for this? Would the single-PC subscription immediately replace the multiple-PC one, thereby making that PC an independent entity? Or would it be necessary to uninstall and then reinstall using the new activation key?

The F-Secure website no longer offers an option to buy Internet Security and morphs into a purchase for SAFE. I am only going to protect PCs and one PC needs a complete rebuild. Can I still buy Internet Security? Or can I buy a new subscription for SAFE and then install Internet Security using the new activation key and the old link?

Comments

• PC-Cobbler
    PC-Cobbler Posts: 18 Explorer

Thanks for the reply, Ukko.

Your English is much better than my Finnish, though I know all of the important words: huomenta, päivä, ilta, kiitos, olut.  Smiley Very Happy

I should have stated that one reason I see multiple expiration warnings each day has to do with the configuration of some of my PCs. I have two PCs which use a single monitor, with access being switched back and forth. Each time I switch, I see the warning. Also, I see the warning when I switch users between root and regular-user.

Another detail I omitted is the fact that some PCs have AV and others have IS. I want to consolidate all of the licenses into one large IS one, so I cannot simply renew the coverage on all of them.

I will read the many links you included.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Another detail I omitted is the fact that some PCs have AV and others have IS. I want to consolidate all of the licenses into one large IS one, so I cannot simply renew the coverage on all of them.

Hello,

So... I think that most valid and good option with your situation -> "to buy" F-Secure SAFE subscription (or even F-Secure Total - if you also have points to use VPN as their F-Secure Freedome); And use it after "expiration" your current F-Secure IS (AV additionally) subscription. As clean installation under devices;

F-Secure SAFE should be with one price (as for fresh F-Secure IS subscription), but also will provide some good things.

Also... probably... my previous reply should not be the solution! At least... while there did not comes any proper confirmations from official F-Secure Teams. And maybe with some other workarounds or certain advices from them.

Sorry for my long replies.

Thanks!

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi PC-Cobbler,

Just to add on to what Ukko has mentioned:

1. When you renew your IS subscription, the clock starts from the time you activate your license code in the product and not from the date of purchase. Even if you renew now, you have to add the license in the product for activating  it.

2. If you are giving away your PC, you can uninstall the product so that you can use that license to another device.

3. You can also check the SAFE KB articles to know more about the product.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info