Spotnet blocked by internet security 2013

Scholar

Spotnet blocked by internet security 2013

I use spotnet to download nzb files for downloading files from usenet.

Before I installed Internet Security 2013 everything worked fine. After installing it spotnet does not not download the spot description anymore. This means I also can not download the nzb file anymore. I already tried disabling the different features of 2013 but nothing helped.

Only removing the program completely makes spotnet work properly again.

I also already excluded nzb extentions and included the program spotnet in the firewall.

Anyone else suggestions?

-Gerard

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Spotnet blocked by internet security 2013

Hi HenriduBois,

The hotfix for this issue was release together with daily virus definition update, you F-Secure program should download and install it automatically, the package name is "CCF scanning 1.14.155".

To verify if you have the hotfix installed,
- Open F-Secure in Launchpad > Common settings > Automatic Updates > Downloads

or Rightclick F-Secure icon in Taskbar > Open Common settings > Automatic Updates > Downloads
- Find the package named: "CCF scanning 1.14.155".

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

View solution in original post

Aspirant

Hi NoNick,

Copy the following lines of text to a text file named fsecurehelp.txt:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure
fshoster32.exe -StopPlugin -plugin:NID
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 3 -w 1000 >nul: 2>nul:
fshoster32.exe -StartPlugin -plugin:NID

Next, rename the file fsecurehelp.txt to fsecurehelp.bat and put it e.g. on your desktop for easy access.

Now, every time you open Spotnet wait a few seconds to enable update of the Spotnet database, next rightclick on fsecurehelp.bat and select "execute as administrator" and confirm your choice. This will enable you to view and download items from the Spotnet list.

By making a shortcut, linking to the file fsecurehelp.bat and assigning administration rights to this shortcut you can speedup this process (in that case you only have to double click the shortcut to fsecurehelp.bat).  

Unfortunately, you have to repeat this every time you execute Spotnet.

Alternatively, you can extend the file fsecurehelp.bat with a line of text that starts up Spotnet:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotnet\Spotnet.exe" 

ping 127.0.0.1 -n 3 -w 1000 >nul: 2>nul:
fshoster32.exe -StartPlugin -plugin:NID

This will enable you to start Spotnet by executing the file fsecurehelp.bat (with administration rights) and view/download items subsequently.

View solution in original post

78 REPLIES 78
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi samtosha,

Can you try to turn off DeepGuard and Firewall in Settings? I believed you have mentioned that you have disabled all the features and still facing the same issue, when you uninstalled F-Secure Internet Security 2013 from your computer, is Windows Firewall still turned on?

Br,

Shahrir

Regards,
Shahrir

Do or Do Not. There is no Try ~ Yoda.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Highlighted
Scholar

Hello Shahrir,

Yes I tried turning off deepguard and firewall. Including online safety and virus scanner.

When I remove internet security, windows firewall is still active and then Spotnet works fine.

With internet security installed, the spot headers are loaded, but nothing happens when I want to open the spot. Spotnet says: retrieving spot.. And just stays on that. I have to force close spotnet to stop.
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi again!

We need to analyze more to rectify the current issue. Please feel free to contact our support team and provide more information so that our Technical Expert can analyze the case and give you a permanent solution. Below is the link to contact our support team :-

Do contact us again should you need further assistance.

Cheers!

Regards,
Shahrir

Scholar

Problem same at my PC.

After Updating to 2013 Spotgrit and Spotnet don't open "the nzb-file" after the remark "Resolving file from internet" and stays so till ............

After uninstalling FS and testing with BD and KS it worked fine again. Installing F-secure 2013 again same problem occurs.

F-Secure Product Expert

Hi Tja_Cha,

As above, it has been brought to our attention and we are currently working on it. Kindly contact our Technical Support to log a service request, we would need more informations to reproduce the errors in-house.
Regards,
Shahrir

Novice

Hi,

same here, since i load F-secure from my internetprovider spotnet blocks.

Even after uninstalling sportnet and MS 4 net.framework and installing again.

It will not open the spot an after a few seconds it says, deleted.

I have to go back to my old AVS and close F-secure untill this is disolved by F-secure.

best regards, Ochi

Scholar

I have the same problem after an Update from F Secure.

With internet security installed, the spot headers are loaded, but nothing happens when I want to open the spot.

Spotnet says: retrieving spot.. And just stays on that. I have to force close spotnet to stop.

Disabled everything from F Sevure but nothing works. Hopefully F Secure will come with a solution for this problem at short notice!!!!

Computer Security 12.62 build 109

Anti-Virus 10.00 build 18240
DeepGuard 4.10 build 46
E-mail Filtering 1.02 build 12620
Management Agent 8.30 build 43092
User Interface 9.80 build 354

MJK
Scholar

The same problem also occurs for Spotgrit.

Temporary I fixed the problem with Spotnet bij deinstalling FSIS2013 and reinstalling the old version with automatic updating unchecked. Thereafter Spotnet functions well.

With reinstalling FSIS2013 I will wait till the problem with Spotnet is solved. Is it already known when this will be fixed?

Scholar

I have the same problem

workaround which work for me (follow these steps after each time windows starts)

1. Open Command Prompt in elevated mode.
- Goto Start > right click on empty space > All apps > Windows System > right click on Command Prompt > Run as Administrator.
2. Type:
3. Run the command: