Serial key installed but wont work

Just like the topic says.. I have installed the serial key but F-secure keep asking me to install or update. Worked fine for 5 days, then suddenly yesterday(13/06/15) warnings started popping up that my computer was unprotected.

What should I do?

/Ludwig

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Ludwig,

Please check on your Order/Subscription details and verify that which types of license you have, single seat or 3-seats license and how many seats being validated, this is showing under F-Secure Launchpad > F-Secure > View my subscription.

"I have installed the serial key but F-secure keep asking me to install or update."
    - May I know what is the exact message popping up for this issue?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 3

Hey Jayson! Thanks for helping me out!

I have a single seat subscription for 24 months as of 13/06/10.

The warnings say (translated from swedish):

The computer is not protected

The subscription have expired

When I open the launch pad it just says "Install products" and then the menu on the right. I have checked my license and it doesn't expire until 15/06/10, but for some reason I don't have the protection. What's even more confusing is that when I look at the security via the control panel it says that F-Secure is up and running, protecting the computer.

Thanks again!

/Ludwig

• [Deleted User]

Hi Ludwig,

Please reinstall the program by following steps below: 

- Download and run the Uninstallation Tool.
    - Follow the on-screen instructions until uninstallation completed then restart your computer.
    - Logon to Windows after your computer restarted. Go to "C:\Program Files", make sure that the "F-Secure Program" folder is deleted.
    - Download and reinstall your program.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 3

I got it to work now! I did a system restore a couple of days ago! 

Thanks for the help! I'm really thankfull! 

Best regards! /Ludwig

• nujapa
    nujapa Posts: 1

I was expecting a more technical solution to this problem.. Realy! a system restore?

I am having the same issue and I am unable to install in several workstations. if is not one thing is another. and I can't get F-Secure to contact me...

Day three since i opened a ticket.

Ridiculous

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

Not sure if you perhaps misunderstood...  A system restore might cause this problem. It's not the solution.

You should follow the instructions in Jayson's second post.

In my experience it might sometimes take a few days to get a reply from support. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.

• [Deleted User]

Hi nujapa,

This thread was created about a year ago, I believe you might be having a different issue than this one. Kindly describe your problem in detail. Where applicable, please provide:

• The name and version of the F-secure software you are using,
    • The Operating System and service pack related to your request,
    • Type of hardware used (more relevant in mobile related questions),
    • Relevant (error) logs and screenshots where you have blurred private information from them.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info