Security Program Blocked by Group Policy

Hi

Can anyone help - anyone had a similar problem?  When trying to run F-secure internet security check I get the error message "Program blocked  by group policy - contact your system administrator!  Same message when I try to uninstall the program, (in order to try reinstalling it and clearing the problem).  This is my home computer not linked to any work network etc so cannot understand this?  It has worked previously so not sure what has happened.  Any advice gratefully received.

Comments

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

AppLocker or SRP(Software Restriction Policy) could be the reason. But if you haven't enabled any such (advanced)restrictions, maybe you've installed some other security related program that's enabled it?

If not, there's a chance it's caused by malware.

I suggest you download the free version of http://www.malwarebytes.org/ Anti-Malware and do a scan.

You could also try http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/online-scanner

What OS do you have? Home/Professional etc version?

• gatsby
    gatsby Posts: 4 Observer

Hi NiKK

thanks for your reply - I have Windows 7 Home Premium.  I have installed the free malware you suggested and was able to run a scan with this.   I still cannot run the F-Secure scan - I get the same message - but at least the malware one seems to be working - and identified lots of risks!!   Thanks again for your help.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

If it's possibly... could you add log-files by MBAM (Malwarebytes utility), which your run and it's found some of "risks". But with edited.. about any your information, which can be "secret". :)

Basically.. most of them... should be not really "critical risks".

Also... about F-Secure status.. it's able.. that you have troubles about Group Policy.

Potentially... MBAM can to give any "steps for fix" after scan, but maybe not. Basically.. it's can be fixed.. by any registry-changes.

---------------------------

If F-Secure previously work as should.....   maybe you installed something before that situation - like any software?! It's can be with some payload... which create that situation like malicious-action.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info