Scheduled scan/Not scanned files in report/over 3000 not scanned Java files.

Options
pcah4
pcah4 Posts: 22 Explorer

Could someone enlighten me as to why F-Secure does not scan all the java files on a scheduled scan each week.Java is up to date with the latest version and so is F-Secure 2013 yet in the report it states "Not scanned....3600 files" and nearly all of them are java files.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Options

Hello Pcah4,

The scanning report should normally provide explanation on why a file isn't scanned.

Are you performing a full scan of your system?

If you want to investigate further however, you could open a support ticket and provide the scanning report as well as a fsdiag.

Cheers.

• pcah4
    Options

It is a full scan done on a weekly basis,if i run a full scan manually it scans all the files except just a few but every time a scheduled scan runs it skips all the java files.

There is no reason stated in the report why it skips all these files and as much as i like f-secure because of its simplicity to use and its excellent detection rate i find that this is just too much of a problem as who knows if any of those 3000 odd files are infected?

I feel i am left with no alternative but to ditch my 2 years subscription and move to another vendor as i believe this is a serious flaw in f-secure.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hello Pcah4,

Sorry to hear that you are thinking about switching vendor despite a valid subscription. If you open a ticket as mentioned above and provide the needed information we should be able to see what is going on with F-secure on your machine and help you with it.

Thank you.

• pcah4
    Options

I have re-installed IS 2013 and now i get 595 skipped java files.

I have done as requested by you and sent all the data to support and i await an answer.

Thank-you for your time.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi pcah4!

Glad to hear that your issue was resolved!  Let us know if you run into any other trouble, and we'll be here to help Cat Wink

// Chrissy

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info