Safe vs Mobile on android

Comments

• martink
    martink Posts: 427 Influencer

Thanks Ukko.

I think the link which I posted is the most detail about the differences in functionality and what you say about Mobile being older and for coporate useres may be the correct answer.

I guess there no problem for me using mobile if you accept the functionality it has.

• martink

Then bearing in mind that when Safe came available for different platforms I asked a rep if it was the same software for Win and Android. The answer at the time was, that it was not. It was Mobile for Android and a different set of features. Apparently now it is different again.
    The reason for asking this question was to find out what I maigh be missing if I use the Mobile license I have and do not buy new for Safe.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

when Safe came available for different platforms I asked a rep if it was the same software for Win and Android. The answer at the time was, that it was not. It was Mobile for Android and a different set of features. Apparently now it is different again.

I am not sure  - but probably SAFE was always with support for Android platform (maybe F-Secure Mobile Security at the time and F-Secure SAFE for Android first builds were about too different features or functionality, in fact).

But I think that such words are still applied to current state. With next meanings:

before F-Secure SAFE it was

-- F-Secure Internet Security for Windows with own set of features;

-- F-Secure Mobile Security for Android with own set of features;

Kind of two different software. And two different subscriptions.

with F-Secure SAFE it is

-- F-Secure SAFE for Windows with own set of features (in fact, possible to unofficially claim it as 'F-Secure IS');

-- F-Secure SAFE for Android with own set of features (in fact, possible to unofficially claim it as 'F-Secure MS');

It is also kind of two different software. BUT it is one subscription. And there is "My F-Secure Account" portal for rule out some things.

But... F-Secure SAFE with different set of features for all platforms - Windows with own set; Mac with own set; iOS with own set, Android with own set; even Windows Phone was with own set. Of course, most generic and critical features/functionality is common; and available with all platforms (where possible to implement it).

The reason for asking this question was to find out what I maigh be missing if I use the Mobile license I have and do not buy new for Safe.

Reasoned point. I think that it is indeed OK to continue using F-Secure Mobile Security (if it is enough for you). But if your experience is about F-Secure SAFE subscription (and there are available licenses) - maybe pretty good to use F-Secure SAFE as more up-to-date solution (especially - when it is recommendation from F-Secure).

Sorry for my reply. Only just as discussion! :)

Thanks!

• martink

Thanks Ukko. That is my thinking as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info