SAFE renew with code, there is no option for that?

I purchased F-Secure SAFE box from local shop to renew my SAFE subscription.

I tried to follow instruction on F-Secure help-pages:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/How-do-I-renew-or-extend-my-F/ta-p/62981

Got stuck on part 3

"In the Orders and Payments page, click on the Renew now button next to the description ‘Renew your current subscription with a code’."

There is no option "Renew your current subscription with a code"!

There is only 2 days left on my current subscription.

I have used F-Secure products many times and never has renewal been so difficult.

Must give BIG thumbs down for F-Secure.

When my SAFE informed me about 28 days earlier that my subcription is ending soon, immedeately i logged on to my SAFE account and made renewal request.

Then.... silence.... waited 3 weeks until got confirmation email and bill to pay.

By then i had already bought box version of SAFE from local store and was ripping my hair out trying to figure where to enter that **bleep** code!

Now i have canceled that bill that came by email and still haven't figured where to put that code that i have.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

It says in that link:

"Note: If, however, you have purchased your current SAFE subscription directly from our online store, you cannot renew or extend your subscription by using a code."

So, I guess that's the problem, but I'm not sure how you get around it. It does say at the bottom of that article something about cancelling the auto-renewal in order to renew with a code. Is that what you've already done?

• Gugi
    Gugi Posts: 3 New Member

Thanks for pointing that out.

Must have been blinded by frustration so that i didn't notice that text.

I have never used auto-renewal option and it's been on manual from the beginning.

So i have been f**ked up by F-Secure.

Day by day F-Secure i starting to look alike all those companies that it mocks about being hard to use and not caring for it's customers.

I hope they will answer to my support request that i sended earlier this week.

I guess that the only option is to cancel and delete my current account and then create a new one.

Hopefully i can then create new account using the same email address.

Then it's time to take a roadtrip to my parents and relatives to reinstall and reactivate their copy of SAFE because i have used my spare devices (5 devices licence) on their computers.

• Simon
    I think they will need to change the email address on the existing account for you to use it again with a new one, but IIRC, they have done that for other users, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Hopefully someone from FS will reply here in the morning to confirm whether that is possible.
  • Gugi
    Gugi Posts: 3 New Member

As interesting sidenote.

I returned to that help page to read the renewal instructions again.

Then i switched languages from bottom of the page.

The english version is the only one that mentions tha you cannot renew licence with code if you purchaced from F-Secure online store.

In Finnish, German, Swedish and Norwegian there is not a word about that. (if i translated them correctly)

I live in Finland and usually use finnish instructions, and sometimes english.

• Simon

What it actually says at the bottom of the one I'm seeing (English), is:

Note: We do not currently support the combined use of auto-renewal subscription and codes. If you want to switch off the auto-renewal feature, do as follows:

1. Go to Orders and Payments in your My SAFE portal.
    2. Click Cancel your subscription.
    3. After this, you can use your code to renew or extend your F-Secure SAFE subscription.

So, if you've not already done so, maybe you need co cancel your current subscription, which will then enable you to renew with a code?

• Chameni
    Chameni Posts: 234 F-Secure Employee
    Hi Gugi,

Sorry to hear about your issue. Since you had opened a ticket with us, please send me a Private Message for the Ticket number in order for me to check further on this case.

Thanks,

Chameni
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info