SAFE has a problem with weebly.com

The four referenced systems are as follows, with all drives being SSDs:
 - FS: F-Secure SAFE on W-7 64-bit
 - FA: F-Secure Antivirus on W-7 64-bit
 - BM: Bitdefender Free and Malwarebytes Pro 2.x on W-7 64-bit
 - FL: Fedora Linux 25

Up until I installed SAFE, I had no trouble logging in to weebly.com. I would go to weebly.com and click on "Log In" (on the screen with people videos), on the next screen enter my email address and password and click on "Log In," and I would be transported to the screen which displays statistics. This worked fine on FA, BM, and FL, though with hindsight I now realize that with FA there was a multi-second delay getting to the screen which displays statistics.

As soon as I installed FS, the browser tab would freeze before reaching Weebly's statistics screen. So I started playing with SAFE settings. I turned-off Antivirus and Deepguard and I was able to get to the statistics screen. I don't remember how I did it, but with some combinations of settings, I got to the statistics screen but it then froze. Turning off everything also enabled me to get to the statistics screen. Then I uninstalled SAFE and accessing all Weebly screens became very fast. All this time I was able to use BM and FL with no delays (FA's subscription had expired).

Clearly SAFE has a problem with Weebly.

P.S. F-Secure's support for the U.S. could be much better. I tried to use chat, but saw a message similar to "No chat lines are available; try again later." I would have expected to be put into a queue. Then I called, but that was not a pleasant experience. The voice quality was typical for VOIP from India, i.e. the sound quality was no better than if the agent and I were connected via empty soup cans with a string between them. When I explained my problem, the agent accessed weebly.com and then announced that everything was fine, obviously not understanding that a login was involved.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Have you tried this...?

Submit Sample

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Spoiler

Hello,

Maybe F-Secure SAS can be useful only if there is known "URL/application" which blocked;

Quite possible that some "background"-resources can be blocked by F-Secure (there can be multiple steps to find them);

It should be suspected there - since you noted that F-Secure AV with normal view (where Browsing Protection module - not installed) ;

But - since your description about "freeze"-tab (and helpful/useful step with disabling AV/DeepGuard settings - while there can be also "Firewall"-tab as additional tab compare to F-Secure AV);

Maybe there long delay based on some scripts/resources or other - which scanned by F-Secure; I did not reproduce situation with my own experience (since - I did not publish website and did not get ability reach "statistics page");

If you able to re-check it else one time - maybe there good to see "if disabling" Browsing Protection (harmful-rated websites option) is helpful (or not); Or as small check with another browser (if trouble repeated with any of them);

What about Support - my own opinion -> it will be not useful until you (user) have to reach them (Support) when you find some troubles; And not they (Support) reach you (user) before this (or during this);

Generally - you should not get any troublesituations - even Support is available and able to help you;

I think that good that you noted your feedback - most likely it will be "handled" by Community Managers;

But for proper result - I think that you have to noted it two-three-four times else; Smiley Sad

Also - concerned "weebly.com" -> it possible that it blocked as harmful (false positive for common things; and not for some of other);
    There was previously such topic - https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/Why-is-weebly-being-blocked/m-p/73756
    While it should be marked as false-positive -> such harmful-rating probably based on exploiting by some users this service for some malicious and suspicious reasons; Not sure why F-Secure Labs do not monitor services like weebly.com more properly for avoid additional-false-positive detections for this domain (or their resources); IF THERE indeed trouble with Browsing Protection module and not some other;

So - maybe also good to re-check (not likely  - since it should be known for you)  that your website (created by weebly) is not marked as harmful;

Sorry for my reply;

Thanks;

• PC-Cobbler
    PC-Cobbler Posts: 18 Explorer

Yes, but the submittal system is not designed for a case like mine, not to mention those annoying ambiguous captcha tests which go on and on.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi PC-Cobbler,

Glad that you shared your support contact issue with us. I have passed on your feedback to our support team so that they can look on your feedback.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I able to add that, at least with my experience, next URL marked as harmful:

http://www.weebly.com/favicon.ico

It was visible under "Recent events" (dated to topic-start timestamp) and on current time such URL also marked as harmful-rated (blocked);

Just as feedback (not sure - if it should be related with your trouble - since blocked only this direct URL; but maybe there some another examples with statistics-page);

• PC-Cobbler

VirusTotal shows that URL to be okay, with only ParetoLogic showing it to be malware, but I think ParetoLogic's business model is to show many sites to contain malware. F-Secure does not appear to participate in VirusTotal.

• PC-Cobbler

F-Secure support told me that everything is fine, even though they admitted that they did not actually test it with a Weebly account. I won't be buying SAFE as a result.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info