SAFE: Pop-up: "harmfull item found"

I have an iMAC (2017/18) and have Ziggo Safe Online (Dutch provider) installed.
This is a F-Secure product!
Every time I open my MAC, a popup appears saying: "Harmfull item found"
I open the  infectionfolder and it says: time january 23 / and:detectiontime: todays date. 

This happens every time I open my MAC!

How do I get rit of this popup????

I already made a diagnostic file as recommended by one of your colleages is Holland.SAFE :  

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

So, situation is next:

-> Something with harmful/malicious rating (or with suspicious look) are blocked during load/bootup your Mac ('open Mac'). Most likely, real-time-scanning detect some activities.

-> If it is clear what is it (since your noted folder). Good to transfer such file to F-Secure Labs:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-file

Because, time to time, it is possible to meet false positive detection.

Otherwise -- good to delete/remove malicious item. For example, did you try to perform Full Scan?

Also, does there is visible something more than timestamp of folder/file creation and detection timestamp? Something like detected item's destination or detection-name?

Thanks!

• treinscoot
    treinscoot Posts: 2 New Member

So, when I turn on my iMAC, this popup appears every time.

No doubt the harmfull item has already been removed but it's a bit annoying..

I let it be!

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Yes, most likely it is a design. When harmful item is detected -> autodecision is 'to remove it' (or 'quarantine it'). Otherwise, block access to it (or its activities).

Does your concern is:

-> not possible to disable notification about such event?

-> not possible to find which item is rated as harmful?

-> even if it detected - next 'turn on Mac' with such notification else one time?

Back to your first ask:

How do I get rit of this popup????

I feel that if your ISP suggested to create diagnostic-files (and you did it) - so - then it should be possible to contact them back. Or will try to contact direct F-Secure Support Channels (chat or phone):
    https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Otherwise -> maybe information from your SAFE installation can be enough (for example, what is detected item; does it always this certain one; if it is possible to locate detected item -> should be possible to transfer this file to F-Secure Labs for re-analysis it; If it is indeed harmful item -> re-check why it is still under your system). Since I'm not sure that there are available some designed steps to stop/disable notification about such events (but only to handle reason of such prompt).

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info