Robot captcha

I keep on getting mail and stuff from something called robot captcha. 

Google tells me this is a virus,  why doesn't f secure delete this? 

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Maybe it is good to know what is your system / device(?).

Windows? Mac? Android?

Then, situation is only about one device of  your network? And with any browser per device?

Also, it is a bit unclear. Did you mean that there is a "malicious" item as "robot captcha" and Google search (?) suggested that it is a malicious.

OR it is something about Google Captcha itself where Google explain that such a captcha can be based on malicious items on your system?

Thanks!

• MaartenvE
    MaartenvE Posts: 3 New Member

Hi Ukko,

It's on my android tablet and according to a Google search this robot captcha is a type of malware. 

I keep on getting messages about things I can win, receive for free etc. 

Don't know where it's coming from. It says poste.it  (I live in Italy) but it definitely isn't from the postal corporation. 

• MaartenvE
    MaartenvE Posts: 3 New Member

Hi Ukko,

It's on my android tablet and according to a Google search this robot captcha is a type of malware. 

Don't know where it's coming from. It says poste.it  (I live in Italy) but it definitely isn't from the postal corporation. 

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@MaartenvE wrote:

Hi Ukko,

Don't know where it's coming from. It says poste.it but it definitely isn't from the postal corporation. 

Hello,

So, could you explain a little be more (sorry that I do not get exact point of view):

-- your experience is about receiving letters to your inbox (Google Mail / Gmail as example)?

-- your experience is about something as Pushes / Notifications with subject of different advertisements and credited to certain web domain (supposed to be postal corporation).

-- or it is about timeframe when you surfing web / browsing? And it is not pinned to idle of device? With meanings, such "promotions" are only visible and received during browsing with Browser application and, perhaps, web pages?

Or it is not pinned to Browser or any other launched application?

Also, where you got "robot captcha" claim(?). I mean - why you decided to search about "robot captcha" keyword?

Before further discussion, good to ensure that you tried to run F-Secure scan:

And it is possible to review installed applications against their permissions (categorized per ability to be dangerous for such a things like Privacy or too powerful permissions). Possible to locate this functionality via  main status screen of F-Secure SAFE or by sidemenu.

Thanks!

// later added: if noted domain is real valid domain for local postal corporation. And view is not pinned to any tricks such as "indicatoroftrick-validdomain[.]com" (where is phishing try to be close to validdoman[.]com - but, in fact, it is completely another domain). AND your device with installed application by this postal corportation - maybe it is their own ?! advertisements or partnerships.

Although, if your experience is about browsing - then it is unlikely.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info