Renewal of subscription key.

Hi,

I recently just bought the F-Secure Internet Security for 3 computers on the 7th of November 2012. I registered my first subscription on my laptop running Windows 7. Then, I updated the same laptop to Windows 8 and also registered with it. I checked the subscription, it said that 2/3 of the subscriptions were used. Can I renew my subscription key for free as 2 of the 3 subscriptions were registered on the same laptop. I was planning to give the 2 other subscriptions to my relatives and keep one for myself. Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi ruanner,

With regards to your problem, I would suggest you to open a Support Ticket:
    http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact

Once you have open a SRID kindly update me so that I can help to solve your issue.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• Hi,

I've already sent an email. I was told that I have to pay for a renewal of subscription. Is there a way to resolve this? Thanks.

• [Deleted User]

Hi ruanner,

The subcription key will only be released if proper uninstallation is done which is from the Program and Features. According to your case when you install in your Windows 7 you didn't perform a proper uninstallation which resulted in first key is being used. The second key was used due to you have used UITool directly before uninstalling manually using the Program and Feature. The third key was used when installing the application again. To solve this issue we may need to reset the key for you or it would be better for you to directly install in to your relative's PC and it will prompt to change the license user and once you done that it should work.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• So you will help me renew my subsciption key? Thanks a lot.

• Hi,

So I can just install F-Secure on my relative's PC with the old subscription key? Thanks.

• Hi,

Can you tell me the proper way to uninstall F-Secure? I used the uninstaller but it doesn't release the subscription. Thanks.

• [Deleted User]

Hi ruanner,

>>> So you will help me renew my subscription key?
    You DO NOT need to make any renewal as long as your subscription key is still valid.

>>> So I can just install F-Secure on my relative's PC with the old subscription key?
    Yes, definitely. Please keep in mind your subscription key will only allowed to run the program on 3 computers simultaneously .

>>> Can you tell me the proper way to uninstall F-Secure? I used the uninstaller but it doesn't release the subscription.
    You would need to uninstall the F-Secure program from Control Panel > Add/remove program or Program and Features to release the license used.

In summary, the license used would not be released if you remove the program by using Uninstallation Tool. Therefore the license used will shown as 1/3 > 2/3 > 3/3 although you are re-installing the program on the same computer. You can always install the program on second and third computer with the same subscription key, just follow the Validation Wizard to Move license (transfer from old to new computer).

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Hi,
    Thanks for the reply! The first two subscriptions were not properly uninstalled. Will that release the subscriptions? Thanks.
  • [Deleted User]

Hi ruanner,

Yes, it will.

1. "You can always install the program on second and third computer with the same subscription key, just follow the Validation Wizard to Move license (transfer from old to new computer)."

OR

2. Contact Support to reset your subscription key.

Although contacting support is not really necessary, step 1 will do the same trick.

Cheers.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Hi,

Thank you. Can I look for you if I have anymore enquiries? Thanks.

• Hi,

I just tried to install the F-Secure on my relative's pc with the old subscription key but it was stated there to check that I have entered the subscription key correctly. Please help. Thanks.

• [Deleted User]

Hi ruanner,

Kindly check and ensure that your subscription key was entered correctly. Also, make sure that you have the correct installer.

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/installers

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Hi,

I seem to have lost the subscription key... Can I get a new one?

Sorry and thanks..

• [Deleted User]

Hi ruanner,

In this case, no new subscription key is required. Kindly review your order confirmation e-mail for subscription key.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Hi,

I may have deleted the email with the subscription key. My order number is xxxxxxxxx.

Thanks.

Edited: Order number removed.

• [Deleted User]

Hi ruanner,

Unfortunately I'm not able to provide you the subscription key here. Please open a Service Request to retrieve your order details.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Hi,

I've just sent a support request. Just waiting for reply now. 

Thanks,

• Hi,

How does the move license feature work? Does it move the license from a computer which is not using to the computer I want to install to? Thanks.

• [Deleted User]

Hi ruanner,

The subcription key will only be released if proper uninstallation is done which is from the Program and Features. Once the license is released you will be able to use it with other compatible computers.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info