cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove incompatible applications

Aspirant

Remove incompatible applications

Why does Safe installer object to SpywareBlaster, Shadow Defender, HitmanPro

4525.pngChat Support will not tell me Why SpywareBlaster, Shadow Defender and HitmanPro are deemed incompatible.   

And users don't seem to understand Why.  

So, Why are passive, dormant, not real time, on demand tools deemed incompatible.  

19 REPLIES 19
Superuser

Re: Remove incompatible applications

I can't explain why either, but the installer is probably just trained to identify other security software and insist on it's removal, whether it's passive, or active. 

Of course, there's nothing stopping you reinstalling the 'incompatible' apps after installing F-Secure, and you might find there's no issues, but if you do experience problems, the first thing Support will recommend is to uninstall any other security software so as to eliminate potential conflicts.

Aspirant

Hi

I appreciate your interest and I acknoledge your Community rank.

Users don't know why and Support doesn't know why.

I can maybe understand Why if there were confirmed documented recent reproducable reported conflicts re SpywareBlaster, Shadow Defender and HitmanPro. 

Otherwise.....thinking I'll pass.  

I'm not removing my favored trusted non real-time non AV programs to run F-Secure Trial.   

Removing anything and everything may save on support resources.... but, would also skew my Trial experience.   And support still won't know Why. 

Thanks

Superuser

Out of curiosity, have you tried any of the other major security suites, such as BitDefender, Kaspersky, etc, and do they also ask for removal of potentially conflicting software?  I do know, having been using F-Secure for many years, it has always been the case that they have recommended removing any other security software from the machine. 

I have Malwarebytes 2.2(?) on both my Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines, and that runs fine alongside FS, but when I tried MWB 3, I had problems.  I also have the passive HitmanPro, and this threesome don't seem to bother each other.

Aspirant

Yes, to tried other major security suites.  

None have objected to SpywareBlaster which is dormant and not AV, Shadow Defender which does not run at startup and is only on-demand and is not AV, HitmanPro which does not run at startup and is only on-demand and is not AV.  

~ since you mention "suite".  F-Secure installer did not object to my Windows Firewall Control that runs at startup.  

~ and installer did not object to NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro and OSArmor that run at startup or object to Sandboxie , EEK or AdwCleaner.  

Thanks

Superuser

F-Secure piggy-backs Windows Firewall, as it doesn't have it's own, so that's why there was no objection.

I can't comment on your other apps as I've not used any of them . You do seem to have multiple layers of protection.  I'm not sure why some would be flagged as potential conflicts and some not.  Maybe it's just a case that F-Secure objects to apps where there is past evidence of problems?

Aspirant

Malwarebytes 3.x installs as 14day Premium Trial.    Did you deactivate Trial.  

Superuser

I have a lifetime licence for MWB, so that wasn't the issue.  This was some time ago, when MWB 3 first came along, so things may be different now - I just can't be a*sed to try it again.  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Aspirant

I hear ya'

Cheers

Aspirant

[quote]

Dear ,
With regards to your inquiry, according to our team, normally security software is doing similar things on the low level Operating System operations and those are conflicting with each other. Since we cannot check all the security software on the market for possible compatibility issues, this is a prevention to avoid possible problems or clashes and ensure the systems are protected when our software is installed.

Please feel free to contact us again should you need further assistance.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Technical Support Engineer
F-Secure Corporation

[/quote]