Real-time scanning does not work after OS X Yosemite upgrade

If you are upgrading from OS X Mavericks (10.9) to OS X Yosemite (10.10), and you have F-Secure Anti-Virus for Mac installed on your computer, this causes real-time scanning to malfunction. This is due to the Yosemite upgrade deleting a directory that is essential to our software.

To help you with this issue, this is what you can do:

For advanced users

1. In Terminal, run the following command: sudo mkdir /usr/local/f-secure/fssp/var/update/
  2. Enter your admin user password when prompted.

Comments

• poing
    poing Posts: 1

@Khairul_A wrote:

If you are upgrading from OS X Mavericks (10.9) to OS X Yosemite (10.10), and you have F-Secure Anti-Virus for Mac installed on your computer, this causes real-time scanning to malfunction. This is due to the Yosemite upgrade deleting a directory that is essential to our software.

To help you with this issue, this is what you can do:

For advanced users

1. In Terminal, run the following command: sudo mkdir /usr/local/f-secure/fssp/var/update/
    2. Enter your admin user password when prompted.

Unfortunately the fix does not work for me.

I've reinstalled the Anti-Virus software on my Mac and I've tried to create the directory, but it's already there:

mkdir: /usr/local/f-secure/fssp/var/update/: File exists

And still, "There's a problem with real-time scanning.".

If there's no fix for this, I'll have to ask for a refund.

• Hey poing,

We are in the same boat as you, the recommended solution of mkdir: /usr/local/f-secure/fssp/var/update/ does not work.

I've proven this by creating this folder after the Yosemite upgrade with the above terminal command.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

If you are still facing this problem, please open a support ticket as advised above.

• I did submit a support ticket, they suggested the same steps which do not solve the issue. I'm starting to believe  F-Secure doesnt have a solution for this yet. 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

I unfortunately could not find your request concerning this type of issue using your community email address. Did you mention this thread when contacting our support?

Could you provide the ticket number via private message so that I could follow up and help on that issue.

• Reinstalling the application will leave you with duplicate client machines in the portal unless you go in and delete each one afterwards. This is not a viable solution for a large scale company with hundreds of client machines to manage.
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info