Real-time protection

Scholar

Real-time protection

Hello to everyone,

i have a question about the real-time protection of F-secure. I have bought an tryed a lot of antivirus software, Kaspersky, G Data, Avast, Avira and more, but in this program i have noted a latent slowness of real-time protection.

From a wesite and Malware domain list i have donwloaded some virus, worms and trojan. The web protection is very fast, but when i unzip an archives that contains virus or other, F-secure have to work for 4 or more minutes to detect and destroy the infected files. 

Is that regular? Or should i set something in my AV?

Thanks and bye

P.S.: sorry i wrote in wrong section. the post should be moved in private/home security 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Real-time protection

Janiashvili,

Please be informed that .txt is not an executable file which is why it have not been blocked. It will normally block executable file so the user will not wrongly click on the file to activate it.

Regards,
Shahrir

Do or Do Not. There is no Try ~ Yoda.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Fede90,

"4 or more minutes " doesn't sound normal. Could you tell us a bit more about your system(OS & Hardware) and the product you are using?

Could you also give some precision on the conditions of your tests?

Thank you

PS: I moved your post on your request, to the correct board.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Highlighted
Scholar

it's the same for me.it takes aeons to detect and remove viruses from zip archives.it's the only AV that makes this big time.i've also tried more AV in my life,but only F-Secure takes this big time.i'm agree to Fede90.

p.s. :

my pc is faster than light,this slow remotion not depends from my PC :)

Scholar

Sorry for this additional newbie question:

Real time protection in Anti-Virus is enabled as shown below?

onaccess.jpg

So why isn't there any warning if  downloading eicar test virus sample?

http://www.eicar.org/85-0-Download.html

(Pls see this post too.)

Thx...

Scholar

Hello,

all settings are activated also Virus and Spyware Scanning. 

My computer's hardware is: 

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE 3.6 Ghz

RAM: Corsair Vengenace 8 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Socket AM3+

VGA: Asus ATI HD7870 Direct Cut II

HDD: WD Green 1TB

O.S.: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Senior Advisor

Funny thing, it did prevent me from downloading from http://; also it blocked eicar.com right after pressing "save" button on HTTPS, blocked both HTTPS zip files after opening them, yet it didn't do anything with HTTPS .txt file(saved and opened it without problem)

F-Secure Product Expert

Janiashvili,

Please be informed that .txt is not an executable file which is why it have not been blocked. It will normally block executable file so the user will not wrongly click on the file to activate it.

Regards,
Shahrir

Do or Do Not. There is no Try ~ Yoda.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

View solution in original post

Senior Advisor

Thanks for the info...
Superuser

Surely though, .com isn't an executable file either, so how come FS blocks that one, but not the .com.txt one?
Senior Advisor

Thing is *.com is executable

.com comes from word "command". I guess it's command line executable