Re: F Secure Safe new version install

I will never buy this product again. It seems to be too hard to install. The instructions are clear; if opnly they worked!!! I get the message that the product has already been installed. I hate F-secure!

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@minna3 wrote:

I will never buy this product again. It seems to be too hard to install. The instructions are clear; if opnly they worked!!! I get the message that the product has already been installed. I hate F-secure!

Hello,

Did you try contact their Support Channels (?):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

I able to think that "installation trouble" is something which they able to sort (when there something goes wrong);

But based on your description --> maybe your stuck can be fixed by F-Secure Uninstallation Tool (before launch/trigger fresh installation):

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/F-Secure-Uninstallation-Tool/td-p/31265

But good to re-check that there is "no active installation" under system (and perform default uninstallation steps can be enough).

And general steps to install:

--> properly uninstall/remove previous security solution (or previous F-Secure installation - if there not expected "upgrade"); Time to time -> also needed to use specific removal tool (practically each company provide this kind of tool);

--> login to My F-Secure portal and perform steps like "add device -> choose platform -> get installer";

--> launch installer;

and certain install-process more friendly than with some of other companies;

Also F-Secure created kind of "Knowledgebase":

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/tkb-p/Protection@tkb

It can be useful about some of common troublesituations;

Sorry for my reply. Good if there will be proper response from official F-Secure staff/team;

Thanks!

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi minna3,

As Ukko has suggested, have you tried his steps or get in touch with our support team? Could you please elaborate more on your issue and the product/OS you're using so that it will be easier for us to guide you further?

You can get in touch with our F-Secure support team via phone/chat.

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the installation and how you feel about us. But I hope our support/we from the Community can assist you further regarding your issue.

• minna3
    minna3 Posts: 5 Observer

Thank you for your help, Ukko. I was able to find a solution from the Internet after searching for a few hours. The instructions should be granny-proof. I could not contact support as was trying to do this on Saturday and Sunday. It was as you suggest, the old F-secure had a couple of days left and had to be deleted manually, then it worked as in the instruction video. I thought it would do this automatically. But all is well, I think... still have to do this on two other laptops.. minna

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@minna3 wrote:

Thank you for your help, Ukko. I was able to find a solution from the Internet after searching for a few hours. The instructions should be granny-proof. I could not contact support as was trying to do this on Saturday and Sunday. It was as you suggest, the old F-secure had a couple of days left and had to be deleted manually, then it worked as in the instruction video. I thought it would do this automatically. But all is well, I think... still have to do this on two other laptops.. minna

Hello,

Long reply (sorry! Smiley Sad and you able do not read - I just added some of feedback-feelings about); Main point - that you have normal situation already!

Spoiler

Maybe you got some kind of specific setting/background where something goes wrong (not expected for F-Secure installer validation);

Because... basically F-Secure SAFE (or some of other F-Secure home solutions) should remove "previous" F-Secure installation automatically (?! at least, I have experience about such design).

But probably it works only with next view:

-->  another "type" of solution (type-of-package);

For example, F-Secure AV or F-Secure Internet Security; Or SAFE provided by your ISP (like branded-view); and maybe "previous" builds/versions of it;

When you try to install F-Secure SAFE - it will inform about it;

--> something else;

And if your "old F-Secure" was also F-Secure SAFE - your experience can be as "designed";
    I have experience about such prompt (?!) - if it looks as "large window" with just string-words (that product is already installed);

Since it works like:

--> you have valid installation; with 'expired' (or around this) license;

--> you download installer with "fresh subscription"-view and run installer.

This step just refresh your license-information for current installation;

Since... there still same F-Secure SAFE (as will be after installation - so not required to perform full steps of installation - if enough just re-trigger/refresh your subscription details);

But most likely there something goes wrong with your situation! Good if there will be attention from F-Secure Teams (as re-check about potential possibilities to get this stuck);

Sorry for my reply. Only just as my own feelings;

Thanks!

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Thanks for your update, Minna!

Glad to know your issue is resolved now.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info