Protection malfunction

Chunk
Chunk Posts: 1 New Member

Hi,

For the last couple of days my F-Secure Safe is telling me to restart my computer as there has been a protection malfunction. When shutting down it takes ages and when started again I get the same error, but no error code! Looking at the updates I can see multiple files that have downloaded buy not updated (inc Hydra, Gemini, DeepGuard, Anti Spam, Aquarius and Scanner Manager).

Any ideas of how I can force these files to install, or why they are failing to install?

Thanks,

Simon

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Most useful option is:

--> Be sure.. that "engines/modules" with enough time for try to "installation"; Even if F-Secure prompted about "malfunction";

--> You able re-check fsdbupdate9.exe: https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/database-updates

if it can be helpful with your situation;

--> Probably also should be as fix -> Re-install F-Secure SAFE (if there is OS higher than Windows Vista);

--> Before any actions - good to create Fsdiag: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Common-topics/How-do-I-create-an-FSDIAG-file/ta-p/18190

If common steps will be not useful.. and there required investigation by F-Secure Support.

Sorry for my ask; Your situations sounds as there can be "update/upgrade" for your F-Secure SAFE. And maybe with broken state; Or as trouble (compatibility or even malware);

Maybe you able to add screenshot about Updates-window?

Or you able to re-check next points:

-- Updates-window should be with "Updates Journal"-link (or so) as logs about updates downloading/installing-timepoints.

You able to re-check what there says; It can be like " failed" or "re-try"... or something else.

-- Does Hydra/Gemini/DeepGuard/other with "Not installed" status? Or there some other words?

Also does there possible situation that there "double" strings about this items? One of them installed.. and another not installed?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info