Problem with conflicting security on F-Secure 2012 installation

Scholar

Problem with conflicting security on F-Secure 2012 installation

Hi,

when trying ti install F-Secure Internet Security 2012 it stops to message informing that it can't remove Conflicting security product and suggest that user should remove that manually.

I have Windows 7 sytem. In control panel i can't see any other security programs than F-Secure itself. I have tried to romeve it and installing again, but with samr result.

There is an older version of F-Secure 2011 with ended license, but I can't remove it on Windows because remove tool removes this newer 2012 version.

Could reason for taht message be the older version on F-secure and how i can remove it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure

Re: Problem with conflicting security on F-Secure 2012 installation

Hi JTii,

With regards to your enquiry, kindly follow the steps below to uninstall F-Secure and reinstall it back. The tools will remove all the F-Secure component.

Uninstallation Tool:
----------------------
Please follow the instruction below:-

1. Download the uninstallation tool UninstallationTool.exe –

ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/uitool/UninstallationTool.exe

2. Save it on your Desktop for easy locating.
3. After download is completed
4. Double click UninstallationTool.exe
5. Your computer will be restarted.

Go to C:\Program Files\ to delete F-Secure folder manually if you have found any.

Andy

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
1 REPLY 1
F-Secure

Re: Problem with conflicting security on F-Secure 2012 installation

Hi JTii,

With regards to your enquiry, kindly follow the steps below to uninstall F-Secure and reinstall it back. The tools will remove all the F-Secure component.

Uninstallation Tool:
----------------------
Please follow the instruction below:-

1. Download the uninstallation tool UninstallationTool.exe –

ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/uitool/UninstallationTool.exe

2. Save it on your Desktop for easy locating.
3. After download is completed
4. Double click UninstallationTool.exe
5. Your computer will be restarted.

Go to C:\Program Files\ to delete F-Secure folder manually if you have found any.

Andy

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.