Outlook problem after install

I installed the Charter security suite on a Windows XP machine and it works fine but I get an "operation failed" message intermittently when opening Outlook.  It happens about half the time.  When Outlook opens successfully it works fine.  The version I installed is Charter Security Suite 9.01 build 105.  I tried restoring the system and then reinstalling but the same thing is happening.  I also tried turning off email filtering in F-secure but that did not help.

Any Ideas?

Comments

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Hi,

in outlook you can increase the timeout that the client waits for the server to finish the download. The default is only 60sec and that is too short.

HTH

• JoeK
    JoeK Posts: 2

Thanks for the reply, but I do not think the email download was timing out.  When I got the "operation failed" message it happened immediately when trying to open Outlook.

I DID get the problem fixed however.

I deleted an f-secure add-in from the registry.  I believe it had something to do with spam detection.

Outlook opens correctly all the time now!

Thanks again,

Joe

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Hi,

such problem is not generally know.

Please open a regular support case and provide FSDIAG, exact version number of outlook as well as a list of other plugins you use.

BR

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info