Offline installer

Aspirant

Re: Offline installer

f-sECURE team Wake up....

Aspirant

Every antivirus have offline installer & very easy to install.. only F-Secure is the most difficult antivirus in market. What the hell.... wrong with F-Secure team..

Community Manager

Hello KaKa_Spi,

Thank you for your messages.

We have heard your request.

However, an offline installer will not be available.

The network installer has lots of advantages over offline installers by ensuring you always get the latest components and version when installing the software.

It also only installs what is needed.

This was differnet in earlier versions. Therefore download volume and hard disc usage has dropped since introducing the network installer.

Again, an offline installer will not be available.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Stephan

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

I think MSE have the same installation process where you need to be connected online before it can be completed. A bit annoying, but you still have to abide if you want to use it.

Scholar

I bought FIS 2012, electronic license, and after first install I had a problem with my windows. I had to reinstall windows and after that I can't reinstall F-Secure, it keep saying me thatall  my subscriptions are allready taken, and I have to clear one. So, I didn't manage to make it work (this is one reason for an offline version). After a week, I gave up and I bought an Eset solution, because nobody answer me after contacting support. I am not coming back to F-Secure, a just telling you this to make you see why an offline version is needed.

Supporter

This has nothing to do really whit id its an offline installer or an network installer, You would get the same message whit an offline installer. This is fixed by the customer calling F-secure or sending a mail saying his key and it will then be reseted in a couple of minutes and ready for use again.

But again this has nothing to do whit if its an offline installer or a network installer.

Scholar

Hello everyone, this is me from Indonesia.

At the very first time it's very difficult for me to believe that there's no offline installer for F-secure, because here in south east asia, the speed, quality and availability of internet connection is not as good as in UK or US or even East Asia. If you take same policy as another AV product that provide offline installer, I bet your product are become popular here just like A**, K*******, E***, A****, and others... at least you give them chance to try your product without any internet connection (and if you provide offline update just like A**. Note: now I'm using A**) and then they'll know the ability of your product (then, they'll buy the full product). Exceptionally if you don't consider a half billion human population of south east asia as potential market.... :)

Aspirant

Agree with you buddy... But F-Secure team is not understanding...
MG
Aspirant

Yes Dear all other people understand this is big problem for end users. But only F-Secure team still thinking about offline installer. Because they are going advanced technology. which asian countries dont have that much facilites in their countries. F-Secure people think all countries same like europe. But in fact its not like that. F-Secure Team. try to solve this problem for end users.

Thanks

Aspirant

hmmmmmmm .... Waiting for solution anxiously.....