New F-Secure blocking "good" websites

Superuser

Re: New F-Secure blocking "good" websites

@KiloDelta wrote:

I would just like to register I also have a problem with the FSECURE ever since the update and any shopping web-site is blocked and I have to over-ride by clicking allow app but when doing this with Amazon I get the screen as described by other users and cannot use the web site 

Hello,

If you also talk about Windows solution; And if you look for any steps to fix situation;

Do you able to re-check some points (which more valid for your experience) and workarounds like:

--> Login to My F-Secure Account:

https://my.f-secure.com/login

--> Choose your "Circle" (like your profile/device/Name);

--> Switch to "Content filtering"-tab (Content Blocker);

--> Turn off this feature OR choose "Edit" and uncheck categories which should not be blocked; For example, "Shopping and auctions";

([×] means 'checked' and such category expected to be blocked);

And choose "Save";

--> Shopping-category rated websites should not be blocked anymore;

OR if you want restrict access to "shopping"-category, but allow "amazon"... maybe you have to add next domains to allow-list (under F-Secure Main UI -> Tools-tab -> Allow/deny websites-list):

-- images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com

-- m.media-amazon.com

Where can be limitation/exception based on your own location;

Sorry for my reply.

Thanks!

Aspirant

This is all being inverstigated by Cale who is the service manager as they have found some areas that require investigating. I am therefore awaiting the outcome from him or his collegues.

Thank you

Highlighted
Superuser

@goodytwoshoes wrote:

This is all being inverstigated by Cale who is the service manager as they have found some areas that require investigating. I am therefore awaiting the outcome from him or his collegues.

Thank you

Hello,

OK, sorry! Smiley Sad

Actually I created my reply for KiloDelta (and his/her reply).

But I also able to think that good to get official response from F-Secure Staff about any further steps;

So... probably KiloDelta also should ignore my suggestion.

As my own feedback to Cale's ask -> I also got F-Secure SAFE upgrade to 17.0 under my system (recently);

Spoiler

- System with multiple user accounts (one of them with was "Content Blocker" enabled; All other - not);

- After upgrade -> I choose deny (or postpone) "Family Rules" invitation;

- Account, where was "Content Blocker" in use -> stay with enabled "Content blocker" (under My F-Secure Account portal); Other accounts (where content blocker did not used) with disabled content blocker under My F-Secure Account Portal (or so; I do not able to check it under Portal - since I added wrong mail-address to account and it not possible to activate it - even installation still work);

- Content blocker categories "switched" (?!) to default from my own setting; Or, at least, there choosed "Shopping"-category after upgrade by default (even it was not there before); Compare to situation.. that there cleared list of allow/deny websites (for stable release too) --> I able to think about such 'autochoose' category as about not totally critical point (but not expected);

- I did not have experience about stuck with "Browsing Protection extensions are disabled or not installed" under my systems with Internet Explorer/Edge/Firefox; At least, as stable trouble; Since re-open browser (default and Internet Explorer) or re-enabled extensions under them (and restart system/some minutes for refresh UI) fix temporary stuck with some of situations; With common situations -> there is all Ok; I did not use Chrome --->  since it repeated 'in-house' by F-Secure -- good to know.. if trouble based only on Chrome or something else (?!); And does this is based on something more than UI trouble.. or extension did not work indeed (?!); Just interesting.

Aspirant

Many thanks I am not to good on the technical bits so a fix by FSecure would be the easiest way for me hopefuly they will not take too long.

F-Secure Product Manager

Hey everyone,

Just a status update that we rolled out a fix for the shopping category issue yesterday. We also rolled out a fix for the extension status issue to our beta users. If all goes well, the fix rolls out for the rest within a week.

And like always, the updates install automatically and don't require any action from you.

-Cale

Novice

I have still got the same problem, despite your fix. The problem is not resolved although F-Secure updates automatically. My 'fix' is to disable F-Secure completely. My final fix will be to switch to an other security product. I do not want to waste so much time and money on these bugs.

Superuser

@Roland68 wrote:

I have still got the same problem, despite your fix. The problem is not resolved although F-Secure updates automatically. My 'fix' is to disable F-Secure completely. My final fix will be to switch to an other security product. I do not want to waste so much time and money on these bugs.

Hello,

With my own experience there indeed was some fixes (as part of updates).

Do you talk about "problem" as about "blocking websites as shopping-category"? Chrome-extension status or something else?

Because except 'switch to another solution' - there should be more reasonable and friendly 'fix' than 'to disable F-Secure completely";

Thanks!

Aspirant

Hi F-Secure,

I am awaiting an update, which has not been forth coming, as I still have the same fault, are F-Secure going to give us an update and fix the problem, or do I have to find another provider?

I have one computer that I have not allowed the update to go through on and it works fine, but I am not getting the service and the protection that I am paying for.

F-Secure Product Manager

Hi,

Can you elaborate your problem a bit? Which product (IS/SAFE) you are using and which web site is blocked for you, or do you mean some other issue discussed in this thread?

You should not be able to prevent updates in conventional means unless you are using very old version (16.1 and older) of the product.

-Cale

Aspirant

Hi,

The update that has caused all the problems regarding shopping websites as discussed in this chain of messages, on my lap top it gave me the option to defer the update, so whilst awaiting a fix to the update, that had affected my other computer I took the option to defer the update awaiting a fix to the update problem, so my lap top continues to work normally.

The main issue is since the update I cannot use Amazon, other shopping websites I can allow when the blocker appears, my concern is by overiding do I have less protection, they are not obscure web sites that the web-blocker appears on it is high street brand name websites , which were okay before the update