Mods / Admin - where have the stickies gone?

Simon
Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Some of the sticky topics appear to have been un-stickied!  Could we at least please have the FS Uninstallation Tool sticky back, as that is an invaluable link, and not easy to find elsewhere.

Thanks.  :)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Simon!

Yes, we did clean the stickies a bit, temporarily, so that the F-Secure Safe/Virgin Media sticky would be more visible.  The Uninstallation Tool can also be found from the sticky about "Removing other Antivirus programs," and the issue hasn't been asked for much recently in the last weeks, so it seemed like a good solution for the time being.

// Chrissy

• Simon

Hi Chrissy,

Sorry, but I have to disagree about requests for the FS Uninstallation Tool.  It may not have been asked for, as such, but it has been recommended for use on several occasions where users have had trouble installing F-Secure, and have been advised to start again from scratch.

Unless I'm missing it, I can't see a direct link to the FS tool in the ""Removing other Antivirus programs" thread, and that, as per the title, is for removers of other anti virus. 

I do feel that as the support forum for F-Secure, we need a direct and easily accessible reference to the FS Uninstall Tool, so if not in a sticky post, can it please be included in the links at the bottom of the forum, perhaps under the Support heading?

Does anyone else agree?

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

I agree...... with both of you!

Well, I can't see a direct link either, only an indirect link. But since a user is not likely to use the UninstallationTool without any of us first suggesting it, I believe it's more up to us contributors to keep track of it Smiley Embarassed

In case you haven't used these techniques:

You can either go to http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security/F-Secure-Uninstallation-Tool/m-p/31265 and click Topic Options, Bookmark. You'll then find it under My Settings, Subscriptions & Notifications, Bookmarks

Or you can put the link in a Macro under My Settings. That is the easiest way because you'll never even have to leave the Post Message page to include it in your post. Just click Macros next to Spell Check and Quote, select the Macro name, and it will be inserted in your message :)

• Simon

Oh, wow!  I never even noticed Macros, let alone realised what they were for.  red-face.gif

Thanks Nik, those could come in handy.  Have a kudos!  thumb.gif

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

Your welcome Simon!

The only thing with Macros is that if you want more than plain text, for example an html link or bold text, you have to save HTML code in the Macro. If you want help with that use a Post Message page to create your formatted text, switch to the HTML tab, and copy that text.

• Simon

Thanks.  I can see I need to spend some more time exploring this forum software.  :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Great tip, NikK! Macros can be very time-saving for frequent contributors as yourselves Smiley Wink

And as for the stickies, I'll take these comments into account and we'll decide something this week.
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info