Microsoft updates

A computer technican has removed F Secure from my computer saying it prevented Microsoft updates for word 2010 and windows 10.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    So, what do you actually need help with? The advice you were given seems a bit iffy, but without any further information, all I can suggest is that you reinstall F-Secure without delay, and run a full virus scan.
  • Habby
    Habby Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a number of computers running Windows 10 and Microsoft office 2010 using f secure . This one computer has continued to cause grief by not updating. The technician blamed f secure which is convenient for him. I wanted to know if any one else experienced the same or if there is a known issue with this situation. Without any protection on the computer I simply have not used it. My thoughts we're to reload f secure as you suggest.
  • Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

OK, I don't know if you've already tried this, but you may want to have a look here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4027322/windows-update-troubleshooter

I don't think there's a particular F-Secure issue which prevents Windows Updates from working, and if you have other computers with F-Secure installed which are working OK, this would suggest an issue with the one machine.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info