Memory and ECU resource usage at start up

Hi,

Lately, almost at each start of my PC, F-Secure slows down the start by using a lot of CPU load and / or Memory.

Screenshot available

What can I do?

I do not see why at each start up an installer has to run.

... I tried to reach any support, but without success :-(

At least here I found a place to express my need of help / support

Regards,

Serge

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

There are some examples of topics with maybe related troubles (some topics with advices/suggestions):

I do not see why at each start up an installer has to run.

Did you mean installer indeed? Or maybe it is something like 'installer' of F-Secure engine/cores updates (Aquarius installer, for example). If so -> it is an update for databases (signatures).

With each start up F-Secure do checks for available updates. But there is delay and some tweaks for avoid total impact for system responsibility.

For except some suggestions from noted topics -> maybe it is an option to try reach official Support Channels (chat as example) anyway:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

this is ^ home_global website and available chat hours with unexpected time. But with your local F-Secure website -> chat should be available at noted 'call phone hours'.

Thanks! 

• Serge_Lux
    Serge_Lux Posts: 3 New Member

Hi Ukko,

Thanks for trying to help. But what I mean by installer is install_18149141.exe running and this seems to be a F-Secure installer program.

I looked at the link you send, but this is not my issue and anyhow the coclusion is to contaft F-Secure by phone or chat (both bot available during my working ours.)

Yes maybe it is trying to update something, but I do not understand why it has to try at almost each start up.

Also fshoster32.exe is eating up most of the memory at start up, again not each time, but most of the time.

I am very frustraed that I cannot reach any F-Secure support.

Regards,

Serge

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

So, maybe F-Secure Community Managers with abilities to inform related teams about your situation.

As an addition: home_global F-Secure website with unclear workhours for chat (likely that you do able to reach them - if it is not available with your local website at their workhours).

For example, it is available on current minute:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

install_18149141.exe
    Yes maybe it is trying to update something, but I do not understand why it has to try at almost each start up.

with my F-Secure installation such files are about any of modules (databases or cores). Where is "numbers" is something like hash or timestamp for certain one update (maybe). So, "install_numbers.exe" can be about Aquarius or Hydra database/signatures updates; or even can be about some larger main cores or modules.

And I think that if it is about common/daily updates -> so, it is for being up-to-date protection; Possible to find how often updates goes to be published for Aquarius/Hydra: https://www.f-secure.com/dbtracker/

So, if latest available 'update' is not installed -> after system start up F-Secure will try to get it (and all other fresh updates for signatures). But if all updates were installed (and not available anything else) and with start up system -> there is anyway such process... it is strange.

Also fshoster32.exe is eating up most of the memory at start up, again not each time, but most of the time.

I'm not sure but maybe such part is about potential suggested topics. For except potential trouble with F-Secure solution (which possible to investigate only with logs or so) -> maybe most good try is restart system. I found that some of my systems (more fresh hardware) indeed with strange impact after certain Windows 10 improvements (and all processes are 'suspended' and then back as it was with unexpected performance view). But restart system will force to clean up state (maybe).

Sorry for my long reply and strange suggestions!

Thanks!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Serge,

I have now escalated your post so that one of our support team members can get in touch with you. They will communicate via email to you further.

• Serge_Lux
    Serge_Lux Posts: 3 New Member

Hi Laksh,

Thanks a lot. I have screenshots and will be glad to share more info, whatever may help.

Regards,

Serge

• nanonyme
    nanonyme Posts: 145 Path Finder

@Serge_Lux wrote:

Hi Ukko,

Thanks for trying to help. But what I mean by installer is install_18149141.exe running and this seems to be a F-Secure installer program.

I looked at the link you send, but this is not my issue and anyhow the coclusion is to contaft F-Secure by phone or chat (both bot available during my working ours.)

I am very frustraed that I cannot reach any F-Secure support.

Regards,

Serge

Hey,

as far as I've understood the product will always trigger an automated check for updates every time you power on the machine. (resuming from sleep counts) Some of the antivirus databases are very expensive to both download and install, however, new versions of these are frequently published in order for the product to be able to protect you from most recent malware. There's a tradeoff here between convenience and security.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info