Malwarebytes does nothave web protection after the new F-secure update. Malwarebytes is of no help

Options

My Malwarebytes does not have web protection after the new version of F-secure was introduced.  I have contacted Malwarebytes and they were clueless.  The suggested I have all the versions of Malwarebytes excluded from the F-Secure scans, but not quite sure how to do that. I went into the settings and attempted to have the entire  fileMalwarebytes excluded from the scan but that did nothing.  Any help would be helpful.  Thanks

Comments

• alf89
    alf89 Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

I have the exact same problem. Hopefully someone can help because a Malwarebytes support is useless

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

For example, if possible to exclude any file/folders with F-Secure exclusion lists for Real-time scanning (and this part is not a trouble):

--> maybe possible to exclude not a file.. but folder of Malwarebytes.

Or with next topic was suggestion about certain files to exclude:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/MalwareBytes-and-F-Secure-No/m-p/95983/highlight/true#M16987

Spoiler
    C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-malware\assistant.exe
    C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-malware\mbam.exe
    C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-malware\mbampt.exe
    C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-malware\mbamservice.exe
    C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-malware\mbamtray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-malware\mbamwsc.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamchameleon.sys
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\farflt.sys
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys (64-bit only)

But it was another trouble and not clear what did you mean about "Malwarebytes does not have Web protection" -> not work? or not possible to find it when F-Secure is active?

Thanks!

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Options

Just to add to Ukko's advice, there has been lots on this previously, and it seems there are significant compatibility issues between the new Malwarebytes (3.x) and other AV products, including F-Secure.  Personally, I gave up trying to deploy workarounds to get both products to behave together, and I went back to MWB 2.2, which I still have, and will keep as long as the databases continue to be updated, which they currently are.

I have drawn the conclusion that because MWB has strayed into the domain of Anti Virus products, it has made itself less compatible with other similar products, and, perhaps understandably, the AV vendors don't feel that they should make their products work with MWB, when MWB appears to be trying to compete with them commercially.  In my opinion, if MWB is still claiming to be compatible with other AV products, it's up to MWB to substantiate that claim, and clearly, in some cases, it has not.  I don't see why I should have to disable parts of my main AV in order to get a secondary product to function correctly, or exclude the secondary product from scans, as this, in itself, could potentially pose a security risk, should the secondary product, in this case MWB, become compromised.

Apologies for the rant, but I am still slightly miffed about this situation myself, as I have a lifetime licence for MWB, and should support be discontinued for version 2.2, the product will be rendered useless to me, until they sort out these compatibility issues once and for all.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info