Mac Anti Virus update?

Scholar

Re: Mac Anti Virus update?

@drisis wrote:

Spoke with tech support. There was a push, and some people are having issues with the installation files. Suggestion I received was to uninstall and reinstall the Fsecure AV application.

Here's what I was told:

Caveat lector, I have not tried this yet...

Regards to this issue, the latest version of F-Secure Anti Virus has been pushed. The size of the installer should be about 20MB. We recommend you to use the steps below in order to upgrade/reinstall the F-Secure program.

A) To uninstall the F-Secure Antivirus for Mac
1.Open the folder where you installed the product. By default, the product  is in the Applications folder.
2.Open the F-Secure folder.
3.Double-click the Uninstall F-Secure Anti-Virus for Mac icon. The  uninstallation program opens.
4.Click Uninstall . You need to enter your administrator password to  uninstall the product.
5.Enter your administrator user name and password and click OK .

B) To install the F-Secure Antivirus for Mac
Download link
http://download.f-secure.com/estore/f-secure_anti-virus_for_mac.dmg

This worked for me :)

View solution in original post

Scholar

Worked for me as well!  Smiley Happy

Scholar

I struggled with the problems for several days. I had installed the F-Secure directy from F-Secure.fi in 2012. My Internet connection provider sells the same program under it's own brand, so I installed it, after which the problems appeared. Finally I found the reason: F-secure was installed in 2012 in the folder "F-secure" in my Mac's Library section. The internet provider's F-secure files were installed in the Mac's Application section. After removing the files from the Library section the problem was solved.